Earth (2 Viewers)

Caption this:

FS7UlqKXEAEBf85

Striated classic supercell with wall cloud and likely contains very large hail
I suppose so. That's a good explanation.

I was thinking the owner of the place might say something more along the lines of "get your sloppy wet tongue away from my grainery you awful sky beast"

i had RAINDROPS ON ME TODAY. RAINDROPS.
WATER. WET STUFF. WATER FALLING FROM THE SKY STUFF.

FIRST rain ive FELT in about...THREE YEARS.
Rockies.

not much but it sure felt nice. we were laughing and dancing around.
the wider area got None.

i had RAINDROPS ON ME TODAY. RAINDROPS.
WATER. WET STUFF. WATER FALLING FROM THE SKY STUFF.

FIRST rain ive FELT in about...THREE YEARS.
Rockies.

not much but it sure felt nice. we were laughing and dancing around.
the wider area got None.
Excellent.

Twice this month the forecasters have said we might get rain, but we didn't get rain.

:(

its clear the rain clouds EVAP before they get close to the ground.
i could see the big one to the west and could See it was not hitting the ground.
then, it moved to us...and we got some DROPS OF JUPITER HEY HEY...

oh wait. well we got some rain drops it seemed. maybe from jupiter.
who knows.

its clear the rain clouds EVAP before they get close to the ground.
i could see the big one to the west and could See it was not hitting the ground.
then, it moved to us...and we got some DROPS OF JUPITER HEY HEY...

oh wait. well we got some rain drops it seemed. maybe from jupiter.
who knows.
It was too hot to work outside in the sun today.

Then in late afternoon the SW wind picked up. According to this the red flag warnings are north of us. But yet strong wind still blows.

It was too hot to work outside in the sun today.

Then in late afternoon the SW wind picked up. According to this the red flag warnings are north of us. But yet strong wind still blows.
It was a scorcher on the gulf coast as well. We tied a record at 92 F. Looks like CA. is going to enter fire season early

It was a scorcher on the gulf coast as well. We tied a record at 92 F. Looks like CA. is going to enter fire season early
There was two fires in the last couple days south of me. They managed to put a lid on them.

So far it's been OK here.

Tonight we have red flag warnings for 55 mph winds just a bit north of me extending all the way north in the state. The afternoon we had some wind but it seems to not be high winds and they have diminished as the day ended.

I imagine Sonora will be in the high winds tonight. That's 40 miles north of here.

There was two fires in the last couple days south of me. They managed to put a lid on them.

So far it's been OK here.

Tonight we have red flag warnings for 55 mph winds just a bit north of me extending all the way north in the state. The afternoon we had some wind but it seems to not be high winds and they have diminished as the day ended.

I imagine Sonora will be in the high winds tonight. That's 40 miles north of here.
Yeah man. I did the volunteer firefighting for awhile. High winds and dry conditions are a bad combination.

It's getting harder to live here:

My place is in that photo.

90% of my county is suffering an exceptional drought.
  • Fields are left fallow; orchards are removed; vegetable yields are low; honey harvest is small
  • Fire season is very costly; number of fires and area burned are extensive
  • Fish rescue and relocation begins; pine beetle infestation occurs; forest mortality is high; wetlands dry up; survival of native plants and animals is low; fewer wildflowers bloom; wildlife death is widespread; algae blooms appear*
7% of the remaining part of my county is in an extreme drought.
  • Livestock need expensive supplemental feed; cattle and horses are sold; little pasture remains; fruit trees bud early; producers begin irrigating in the winter
  • Fire season lasts year-round; fires occur in typically wet parts of state; burn bans are implemented
  • Water is inadequate for agriculture, wildlife, and urban needs; reservoirs are extremely low; hydropower is restricted
The "lush" 3% of my county, the three percent that is show in that photo as a speck of white snow pack at very high elevation where the air is thin, is only affected by severe drought.
  • Grazing land is inadequate
  • Fire season is longer, with high burn intensity, dry fuels, and large fire spatial extent
  • Trees are stressed; plants increase reproductive mechanisms; wildlife diseases increase
Until they shifted 90% of my county into the "exceptional drought" category I didn't know that exceptional category existed.

*Algae blooms do appear in my well and water storage tank. I've never seen that happen before. I'm controlling it using bleach to bring the chlorine level to 2 parts per million once the water has been pumped into the tank. .

Last edited:
We had a wild fire a mile south of my place today. This is the first report of it at noon. When I saw the aircraft I went to see what Trisha had to report. She's our fire watcher, not the only one on Twitter, but for our area the best one.

An hour later she posted this report:

Then this report at not long after that:

Followed by this final report around 2 PM. This is the good news report they have it contained.

However that does not mean they have the fire out. We've been having high winds so we're kind of keeping one eye open tonight. We're also making sure that our phones are on, and charged up. If a fire like that gets away from them in the middle of the night we would get a robot call from the sheriffs office. We'd get a call to every phone in the house, and they will ring until they get answered.

We've had those calls before, and we trust them to call us again if need be. There will be a couple deputies assigned to watch over the fire tonight all night long and day long tomorrow if they follow procedure. If they see a problem they will activate the automatic phone warning system for the areas where people might need to evacuate.

I feel confident that they will follow procedure. The sheriff we have is a good one. So I will sleep well with one eye open and one ear cocked for the phone to ring.

So, this is more about the view from Earth, but... Starting tomorrow early AM, if you have a clear horizon view east to south just before sunrise, you can see all of the planets, mercury to Saturn, lined up in order. I won't be getting up early enough to notice that, except maybe when I have a little vacation on the beach in about two weeks.

1654223554853.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom