East West Shrine Game Saints tidbit... (1 Viewer)

Yes, I like Munson. Keep your eyes on two other linebackers.

Paul Magloire Jr. Arizona

Mon: Magloire was the top linebacker of the day. He’s very quick, athletic and showed speed moving in every direction. Magloire got depth on his pass drops and showed a good head for the ball. Very impressed.
Tues: Another terrific day for Magloire. He was athletic, quick and covered a good amount of area laterally while also getting depth on pass drops. His explosion and toughness were impressive.

James Onwualu Notre Dame

Mon: Very, very athletic and looked the part. Displayed great speed moving laterally and was comfortable in pass coverage.
Tues: Onwualu is improving by the day. He made several nice plays against the run as well as in space. You can see its starting to come together for him mentally. Phyically he has all the tools.

I guess most have forgotten an article that came a few years ago. I don't remember which news agency that posted it but in sais that the NFL teams have separated into 3-4 different groups that share information on prospective draft picks. I do remember that the Saints are part of the biggest group that includes the Patriots. Quite often a team that has little interest in a player will interview him in order to trade that info on a player they are interested in but for some reason can't get an interview.

These talks with draftees early in the off season have very little meaning onto who they actually are interested in.

The NFL's first scouting organization, LESTO (Lions, Eagles and Steelers Talent Organization), was started in 1963 by the teams mentioned in its name with headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It became BLESTO when the Bears joined the following year and BLESTO-V when the Vikings came on board later in the decade; by 1971 the Bills, Colts and Dolphins had joined and the group was known as BLESTO-VIII. It is now known simply as BLESTO despite the fact that the Bears and Eagles are no longer members.The group's offices stayed in Pittsburgh until 2007 when the headquarters moved to Jacksonville, Florida, with support offices remaining in Pittsburgh.

CEPO (Central Eastern Personnel Organization), formed in 1964, was a joint venture of the Colts, Browns, Packers and Cardinals. Its name was changed to United Scouting after the Falcons, Giants and Redskins joined, then to National Football Scouting in 1983 to avoid confusion with the United States Football League, which began operations that year. National Football Scouting is now known simply as The National.

Another scouting organization formed in 1964 was Troika, launched by the Cowboys, Rams and 49ers. It was renamed Quadra when the Saints joined in 1967. Quadra no longer exists; its former members now all belong to The National.

As of the 2015 season, eighteen franchises participate in The National (Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Cincinnati Bengals, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, Kansas City Chiefs, New Orleans Saints, New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles, Los Angeles Rams, San Diego Chargers, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Tennessee Titans), with eight served by BLESTO (Buffalo Bills, Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, New York Giants, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Washington Redskins). Each of the six non-affiliated teams (Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Indianapolis Colts, New England Patriots, and Oakland Raiders) relies on its in-house scouting staffs.

Draft Daddy: Feature Articles

Here's the latest on two prospects I'm very interested in.

WDE Deatrich Wise Jr.
In the pass rushing one-on-ones, Arkansas defensive end Deatrich Wise Jr. had a better day on Tuesday compared to the opening session. He had a nice win over Toledo's Storm Norton with a rip move. He used the rip move against to beat Oregon State's Gavin Andrews. Wise tried a bull rush that was stonewalled by North Dakota State's Zack Johnson. Wise needs to continue to improve on day three.

NT Josh Tupou
Tupou (6-3, 345) had his second straight solid practice and did well in the one-on-ones. He bulled through Wyoming center Chase Roullier with ferocity. That was repeated against Charleston Southern's Erik Austell, as he rolled him back into the quarterback marker.

Am I reading that right and the kid's name is I'Tavius? Or is that a lower case L accidentally typed on his phone? Just curious.

Never mind. It's an I. Here's his bio:

Hmm.. seems someone should be suing Apple for name infringement.:ezbill:

Am I reading that right and the kid's name is I'Tavius? Or is that a lower case L accidentally typed on his phone? Just curious.

Never mind. It's an I. Here's his bio: http://www.goblueraiders.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5124

We could use someone like this in the later rounds to replace Sproles lol. He's an Ole Miss transfer, so he's got good stock but must've not been happy with his playing time or something. Maybe some of our Ole Miss fans on here could fill us in on why he transferred.

Does he have any kick returning experience?
Was that an l or an I? [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Was that an l or an I? [emoji1]

We've had fun at the expense of his name, but I'm starting to think that he fits exactly what Payton wants out of a third down back.

Tues: Two things I liked about Mathers today as 1) his blocking 2) his pass catching. He really stood out in blocking drills, taking on and defeating LB's. He does a lot of things well.

Wed: Mathers was up and down. He ran the ball well, looked solid in blocking drills but dropped an easy reception in scrimmage which had a few scouts shaking their heads.

Shrine Practice: East Team Page | Draft Analyst

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rams grab Kyle Kalis as practice ends. Saints hit up Matt Godin. Lano Hill with the Cardinals.</p>— Jeff Risdon (@JeffRisdon) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffRisdon/status/821090677769568256">January 16, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

For those interested, Risdon is a nice follow for these type of updates...

I read "RS" and thought it said "RB". Was just about to throw my iPhone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom