easy to make things in bigish batches for staying home that happen to taste amazing (1 Viewer)

wnelson

Who Dat Nation
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
1 bag frozen chopped onions ($1)
1 bag frozen peas/carrots (1.50)
1lb bag of washed lentils ($1)
1 12oz bag of diced ham ($2.50)
1 tablespoon parsley (pennies)
1 tablespoon favored spice mix (pennies)
1 carton chicken stock (2.50)
2 cups water (pennies)

less that 9 bucks before the rice.

all the above goes into a large crock pot for 6 hours on high and makes about 12 servings. serve with fresh rice. substitute any dry bean of your choice for lentils...

I will be making a venison chili with some ground venison/bacon blend I have in the freezer.

Probably a pot of lentils at some point.

Chicken tikka masala.

Split pea soup.

I have a bunch of fish and sausage in the freezer, so I will be firing up the grill.

And of course, pizza rolls.

Lasagna. Drain your meat well and don’t use too much sauce. Also you may want to put your ricotta through a cheese cloth. The goal is a lasagna that doesn’t run out when you cut it so you can cut into individual squares and freeze. I hate runny lasagna anyway and if I think it’s too dry I drizzle some olive oil on it which I love anyway.

i have half a pack of starbursts, a pack of twix, frosted shredded mini wheats, possibly a bowls worth of lucky charms, a sheet ton of condiments and spices, and a pack of hotdogs. no milk.

i should probably consider going to buy a few things.

i have half a pack of starbursts, a pack of twix, frosted shredded mini wheats, possibly a bowls worth of lucky charms, a shirt ton of condiments and spices, and a pack of hotdogs. no milk.

brah, I just ordered Roman noodles, Vienna sausage and a couple of boxes of saltines from Walmart pickup. I used to eat like that right after I got out of school. It’s highly unlikely I’ll even have to eat it but it will be there through hurricane season too.

oh and five cases of Bubbly water. I can sustain. This is the way.

i have half a pack of starbursts, a pack of twix, frosted shredded mini wheats, possibly a bowls worth of lucky charms, a shirt ton of condiments and spices, and a pack of hotdogs. no milk.

I figure you could exist off the land. I assume you are from a line of irish criminals like myself so I have zero doubt in your ability to scrounge lol

I will be making a venison chili with some ground venison/bacon blend I have in the freezer.

Probably a pot of lentils at some point.

Chicken tikka masala.

Split pea soup.

I have a bunch of fish and sausage in the freezer, so I will be firing up the grill.

And of course, pizza rolls.

You had me at venison.

Lasagna. Drain your meat well and don’t use too much sauce. Also you may want to put your ricotta through a cheese cloth. The goal is a lasagna that doesn’t run out when you cut it so you can cut into individual squares and freeze. I hate runny lasagna anyway and if I think it’s too dry I drizzle some olive oil on it which I love anyway.
i need a good lasagna recipe.

1 bag frozen chopped onions ($1)
1 bag frozen peas/carrots (1.50)
1lb bag of washed lentils ($1)
1 12oz bag of diced ham ($2.50)
1 tablespoon parsley (pennies)
1 tablespoon favored spice mix (pennies)
1 carton chicken stock (2.50)
2 cups water (pennies)

less that 9 bucks before the rice.

all the above goes into a large crock pot for 6 hours on high and makes about 12 servings. serve with fresh rice. substitute any dry bean of your choice for lentils...

Does this concoction have a name?

I ain’t eatin’ nothin’ that ain’t got no name, quarantine or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom