Eating Crow - Congrats Juwan Johnson! (1 Viewer)

He’s a great target for Jameis! But
I thought Winston’s second TD pass to a wide open Juwan was a juus a lil too high, n his pass to Juwan that was picked but overturned by penalty was a lil too low!

But I also thought Winstons pass to Juwan for his first TD catch was jus right! More importantly, I thought Winston’s connection to Juwan on 4th down was one of the best calls n best executed plays by the O against GB! The timing n execution by Juwan, Jameis, Throck n Ram was on point!

Overall, it’s good to see all the hard work the duo put in during the offseason is already paying off! I like the chemistry they’re developing, n I think they’ll only get better!

👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
I did not see that at all. His first TD pass was intentional as he (Winston) knows the athlete that Johnson is and throwing the ball for him to highpoint gets the ball away from the defender (something Brees did alot) and his second one to Johnson was a big off and Johnson made another athletic play on it but if you watched Winston after he ran up to Johnson and by his body language acknowledge that pass was off a bit, but still another pass Brees himself would of thrown to prevent a defender from making a play on the ball.

It wasn't. It was an intentional high point catch.

Winston made the read at when the pick was set. He threw high expecting the DB to make the switch, because they are an elite secondary. Johnson being wide open was a big surprise.

We was up double digits. It was a very calculated pass. Winston wants to guarantee a FG.
I am so impressed with Juwan - I love the way he elevated on his first TD, and his focus on catching the ball on his second.

I also like how he was quick to credit his teammates - Lil'Jordan had MASSIVE blocking for Juwan on that 2nd TD, Humphrey took out 2 defenders, and Juwan's first gesture was (I think...) to Humphrey, and then to Winston.

He's going to be a beast.

What's not to love about Juwan???
That kid has amazing hands and plenty of height!
It's great to have a big Johnson.

And Plays like he's 7ft 2inches...
Someone around here said after the game that Juwan made catches just like Jimmy Graham. :scratch:
Now I'm not saying that this kid will turn out to be another Jimmy, but if he can be relied on to retrieve passes that require some real effort, then it won't be long before he becomes a true go-to receiver on our offense and a player that can help make other plays successful by taking an extra defender with him. I can't wait to see how he develops in Sean Payton's offense! :9:

I could be mistaken, but I’m almost sure that 3 of PT’s first 4 times ever touching of the football went for TDs in his first season. Believe one was a STs TD to boot.

I don't know about the 3 out of 4 thing, but the first one had to have been the blocked punt in Seattle which went for a touchdown in a SNF game..... which ended our 4 game losing streak at the start of the 2007 season.

I'm also pretty sure that's the last time we won in Seattle until Bridgewater did it in 2019.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom