Eating Crow (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I felt a need to start this new thread because I am probably top 5 in Grant/Smith bashers on this board..

It was beautiful to see both of them come off the chain yesterday, and prove to me that they are still capable of preforming at top DE levels. The D-Line as a whole really stepped up yesterday but I have to humbly give props to Grant & Smith....

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

I hope I get to eat Reggie crow soon. I hope.

They are both finally healthy. That makes a big difference.

They finally got the memo that it was ok to hit and sack the QB while he has the ball! LOL! In all seriousness, though, the whole defense has stepped it up a notch and it was nice to see. GW got in their grills pretty good after the first two games against the Lions and Eagles. He said while they were getting TO's, they were still giving up too many yards and points to the opponent. Glad to see them take it personal!

I'll wait until the seaosn is over... I love what they're doing now, and I am extatic at teh fact that they're healthy (finally), but 2 games out of the last 2 or 3 years isn't enough evidence that they've "turned the corner".

I will GLADLY eat crow if they can keep this up. I'm not looking for 2 sacks apiece from them every game... just get keep setting the edge against the run, and make life hell for the QB even if they don't touch them.

That's what good DE's do.

Here's to WS and CG balling out of control from here on out! :beerchug:

I will gladly eat crow. They kicked @#$ the last couple of weeks and it feels great to have two stud DEs back healthy. We see the difference it makes with a constant QB pressure. Who Dat!

I'll wait until the seaosn is over... I love what they're doing now, and I am extatic at teh fact that they're healthy (finally), but 2 games out of the last 2 or 3 years isn't enough evidence that they've "turned the corner".

I will GLADLY eat crow if they can keep this up. I'm not looking for 2 sacks apiece from them every game... just get keep setting the edge against the run, and make life hell for the QB even if they don't touch them.

That's what good DE's do.

Here's to WS and CG balling out of control from here on out! :beerchug:

Yep. I think they took this star caps thing a little personal. It's showing in their play thus far.

Gregg is giving 5 hamburgers for each sack ... now they are doing their job!!

Gregg is a genious!!!

i AM a HUGE fan of Smith ... have loved him since OSU!! and i have to say that i've been disappointed in him & Grant. it took Coach calling them out on the carpet ... a swift kick in the BUTT!!! (despite Charlie's injuries) they weren't doing their jobs BUT, in the last 2 games they have been doing it. they needed to find that "hunger" again and maybe Coach Williams has helped them find it again. yesterday's game was AWESOME! it was GREAT to be at the Dome and witness OUR BOYZ go from 3-0 to 4-0 ... WHO DAT!!!!

Grant looked great in that first preseason game until he pulled the hamstring. I think we are seeing what he is capable of when he doesn't have injuries for the first time in about two years. Remember this is the same guy who ran down Ochocinco from behind in the preseason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom