EBR and Livingston Parish schools closed tomorrow. (1 Viewer)

St. Tammany Parish Schools are closed as well.

Do those schools not have heating?

Do those schools not have heating?

When my wife called and told me, I asked the same question. The schools have heating - I believe the concern is traveling on icy roads and just having the kids out. I guess.

The NWS shows a 20% chance of sleet tonight for most of the Northshore. Is that why schools are being closed?

Edit: Almost as soon as I type that, I see some parts have a 40% chance. Best to be safe than sorry.

The NWS shows a 20% chance of sleet tonight for most of the Northshore. Is that why schools are being closed?
I have no idea, but it's the excuse I'll use tomorrow when I call in to work. :9:

It was -30 celcius this morning, snow. Kids went to school.

Of course, if it's above 85 F, I usually die from heat, so to each his own!

So Kev, you're off tomorrow......:hihi:

they are concerned about icing on the roads. particularly black ice. If a bus careens into an 18 wheeler because of icing, how irate would you be because they were not "overreacting"?

they are concerned about icing on the roads. particularly black ice. If a bus careens into an 18 wheeler because of icing, how irate would you be because they were not "overreacting"?

Can they not wait until the morning to determine if the road conditions are safe? That's what they usually do here. The school districts will make their decision at like 5am and then get the word to local media outlets. But you guys probably don't have sanding trucks to pretreat the bridges and overpasses either.

Is it too much to ask that they hire competent drivers? How do students in Minnesota ever finish a school year?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom