Economic Update (1 Viewer)

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I guess our former economic prognostication service has ended so I wanted to post two recent articles for your review. They show job growth, a sustained decrease in numbers of unemployed and upward wage pressure. In fact, it might suggest that the slowest modern recovery from the deepest and most severe modern recession has been sustained, methodical and, above all else, successful despite a mountain of misinformation.

U.S. jobless claims at 43-year low; import prices edge up | Reuters

Applications for US unemployment aid remain at 43-year low | Business News | US News

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nah, it's terrible lies. All the jobs are bad, and people have left the workforce for a life of crime. This will be true as long as Democrats are in office, but the numbers become real when the next GOP president takes office. BTW, hope W is right about when that will happen.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I guess our former economic prognostication service has ended so I wanted to post two recent articles for your review. They show job growth, a sustained decrease in numbers of unemployed and upward wage pressure. In fact, it might suggest that the slowest modern recovery from the deepest and most severe modern recession has been sustained, methodical and, above all else, successful despite a mountain of misinformation.

Applications for US unemployment aid remain at 43-year low | Business News | US News
ok thats all well and good....but what about the BOND market?

I need graphs- pie, bar, line...whatever u got.

looks "legit".

OP
dtc

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
ok thats all well and good....but what about the BOND market?

I need graphs- pie, bar, line...whatever u got.

looks "legit".
I actually have some understanding of economics so, therefore, you'll not see me post a zerohedge chart.

sorry.:hihi:

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You're a poor substitute, dtc. :ezbill:

I noticed we have also lost "he who shall not be named" since the Trump tape came out.

MGC

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

Where did you study economics, Fidel Castro University? So I guess we are at full employment the past couple of years. Yup wage growth is up a McDonalds and the methodical 2% GDP growth is the best its been. Hillary will do much better at the economy than Obama. Lots of money turn over and lots of cash flowing into the Clinton Foundation.

V Chip

Truth Addict (aww ^&%$ I got a head rush)
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Close enough to ATL to smell the stink of Falcons

There's not a zero nor a hedge in either of those links so obviously this is a bogus economics post.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Where did you study economics, Fidel Castro University? So I guess we are at full employment the past couple of years. Yup wage growth is up a McDonalds and the methodical 2% GDP growth is the best its been. Hillary will do much better at the economy than Obama. Lots of money turn over and lots of cash flowing into the Clinton Foundation.
I dunno, mine are up 25.7% in the last 5 years.

So, something is working.

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
GDP up 2-3% is sustainable if accompanied by matching growth in real wages. GDP up 5-6% with stagnant wage growth is accomplished with smoke-and-mirrors credit and speculation, which leads to financial meltdown.

saintsfan26

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Meanwhile, we are on the verge of nuclear war with Russia, North Korea and Iran, while ISIS, who is funded by our allies, runs rampant in 32 countries. Everything is great.

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Meanwhile, we are on the verge of nuclear war with Russia, North Korea and Iran, while ISIS, who is funded by our allies, runs rampant in 32 countries. Everything is great.
Well, on the plus side, there's never been anything quite like water really stimulate economic growth. So, we've got that going for us, you know, which is nice.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
North Korea can't hit us. Russia and China are the only major powers who should be nervous, especially since the North Koreans have terrible aim.

BTW, we're talking about positive economic news. Can't you be happy about one thing?

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And also, NK's Teapodong-2 hasn't been fully tested for range. I think the third stage hasn't worked yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom