Ecstasy = 6-Inches and Prominent Reason for Continual D Failure (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
This is a PC thread, so don't go there!

The 61 yarder was literally 6 inches from this board being joyous today.

I think there's a lot to be excited about today. Brees is still Top 3 when he has time and not injured. I loved the attitude of that team and the young defense. We pretty well stopped the run except for the 70 yard TD. What can you say more positive about our young WRs? And the O-line looked very good.

Now, to the defensive problems that have killed us for years. SP legally signed over control of the defense to Williams. We win a SB and 1-play away from likely winning another. Now let's step back and see what is the common denominator or our record bad defense. Wow, defensive coaches who are "untouchable" as long as SP is head coach. These coaches under-perform year in and year out. Their players don't develop. Lot's of injuries. SP is killing our defense with as we would say in Texas, "His Good Ole Boy Club." Vitt, McMahon and Johnson.

Vitt took the sword for SP in Vicodin Gate and Bounty Gate. So Vitt appears to have a lifetime pass. McMahon's special teams are terrible, I mean terrible. Johnson can't develop linemen into a pass rush and Vitt can't develop LBs.

How would you like to be a Defensive Coordinator being mandated to use 3 coaches in critical positions who are untouchable good ole boy buddies with the head coach? It's pretty untenable. This is where not having have a GM as a peer to SP who knows football on the field is a real problem. An Ozzie Newsome would have had their heads years ago. But Loomis can't or doesn't confront SP on personnel and coaching.

Until SP let's his Defensive Head Coach clean house of poor coaches and hire his own, our chance of getting a respectable defense are about nil.

Dozens of variables change year by year, but you equate it to coaches.

Last I checked, the HC hires all coaches.

Good point. In order for a DC to be successful, they should be allowed to bring in their guys.

I don't know brother! The thing that never changes is how the offensive game plan never changes no matter what goes on.

Logic would tell you the only corner you have with game experience breaks his leg you try to eat clock. Did sp call run plays with a lead? No like he always does.

Get a lead and eat the clock! It is what should have happened yesterday!

Dozens of variables change year by year, but you equate it to coaches.

Last I checked, the HC hires all coaches.

Good point Ward. We are not really disagreeing. Often Defensive coaches are brought in to clean house and that includes coaches. But the HC will be involved in the the final hiring decision as well as a strong GM.

Do you think that McMahon, Vitt and Johnson are top tier defensive coaches?

I think there's a lot to be excited about today. Brees is still Top 3 when he has time and not injured. I loved the attitude of that team and the young defense. We pretty well stopped the run except for the 70 yard TD. What can you say more positive about our young WRs? And the O-line looked very good.

Now, to the defensive problems that have killed us for years. SP legally signed over control of the defense to Williams. We win a SB and 1-play away from likely winning another. Now let's step back and see what is the common denominator or our record bad defense. Wow, defensive coaches who are "untouchable" as long as SP is head coach. These coaches under-perform year in and year out. Their players don't develop. Lot's of injuries. SP is killing our defense with as we would say in Texas, "His Good Ole Boy Club." Vitt, McMahon and Johnson.

Vitt took the sword for SP in Vicodin Gate and Bounty Gate. So Vitt appears to have a lifetime pass. McMahon's special teams are terrible, I mean terrible. Johnson can't develop linemen into a pass rush and Vitt can't develop LBs.

How would you like to be a Defensive Coordinator being mandated to use 3 coaches in critical positions who are untouchable good ole boy buddies with the head coach? It's pretty untenable.

Until SP let's his Defensive Head Coach clean house of poor coaches and hire his own, our chance of getting a respectable defense are about nil.

So, when he turned over the keys to Gregg Williams, why did he not jettison these under-performing coaches when he had the chance? He had control, right?

This is neither an original or factually accurate assertion. Why these three have been deemed the root of the problem and that bit of opinion has just been accepted as a truth by so many is just beyond me.

Good point. In order for a DC to be successful, they should be allowed to bring in their guys.

Which defensive coordinator in the league has done this? Can you find me one that has assembled his own staff? Because I've never been able to find a single instance of that happening outside of Gregg Williams toting his son along with him wherever he goes.

I feel like this thread title is one big innuendo

Edit: never mind I didn't read the first sentence before I commented

So, when he turned over the keys to Gregg Williams, why did he not jettison these under-performing coaches when he had the chance? He had control, right?

This is neither an original or factually accurate assertion. Why these three have been deemed the root of the problem and that bit of opinion has just been accepted as a truth by so many is just beyond me.

Which defensive coordinator in the league has done this? Can you find me one that has assembled his own staff? Because I've never been able to find a single instance of that happening outside of Gregg Williams toting his son along with him wherever he goes.

Williams was such a great D Head Coach he minimized the deficiencies of those coaches.

The reason it has been accepted as truth is because pretty much year in and year out, these 3 are simply not very good NFL defensive coaches and can't develop talent well.

BTW: I don't believe in "Truth" for situations like these. We have opinions and points of view. That's all

BTW: I don't believe in "Truth" for situations like these. We have opinions and points of view. That's all

Then you should probably remove Definitive from the title. It's conflicting to the point you just made.

How would you like to be a Defensive Coordinator being mandated to use 3 coaches in critical positions who are untouchable good ole boy buddies with the head coach? It's pretty untenable. This is where not having have a GM as a peer to SP who knows football on the field is a real problem. An Ozzie Newsome would have had their heads years ago. But Loomis can't or doesn't confront SP on personnel and coaching.

Into 3Q they were more or less holding up against the run, but the Raiders were also shooting themselves in the foot for the first 2/3 if the game, with like 13 penalties.

Suddenly, like someone flipped a switch, the Raiders stopped committing penalties and started gashing the Saints on the ground at will. Breaux went out, but the collapse started with the run game.

I don't know what to think because we should have been holding up against the run since their OL was down two starters and had to plug the holes on the fly. We should have dominated but instead the Raiders makeshift line literally took over and pushed us around. And coming out of last year the Raiders were a poor rushing team.

I don't know how you feel good about how that played out. Looked like more of the same.

I think if We had the talent, we would play well. We simply don't have the talent, they are known players to us, but the rest of the league they are all mostly backups, or cast offs. I am sure Vitt, Johnson and McMahon could do wonders with some of the other teams around the league. Payton simply does not value top level Dline or LBers, or at very least the entire FO doesn't know which guys to take in the draft.

I think if We had the talent, we would play well. We simply don't have the talent, they are known players to us, but the rest of the league they are all mostly backups, or cast offs. I am sure Vitt, Johnson and McMahon could do wonders with some of the other teams around the league. Payton simply does not value top level Dline or LBers, or at very least the entire FO doesn't know which guys to take in the draft.
Or Keep and play.

Did you see Al Quddus starting and making plays for Miami yesterday?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom