Ed Ogeron called Burrow "Hebert all over again" when they signed him away from Ohio State (1 Viewer)

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,

One can understand Coach O's excitement. Hebert was an excellent leader at Northwestern and had all kinds of talent .

However, as it turns out, Burrow turned out to be a lot better than Hebert was. IMHO, he will be a whole better than him in the NFL as well. Bobby was a good QB, but never reached being elite. Barring some injury, I really don't see hw Burrow won't reach an elite level in the NL. He has all the tools and has already trained in a Pro system for two years. He just has to get used to speed of the NFL. But that seems likely to happen since he's already shown the ability to make quick decisions on the field.

Last edited:
Terrific find! I'll say this about Bobby Hebert, he is one of the more underrated QBs. He had a monster arm and dissected complex defenses. He was hampered by Carl Smith's 1890s offense which worked for a stout, other worldly defense, and the best kicker in NFL history; however, you really saw what Hebert could actually do late in his career with the Falcons. Of course no one is Drew Brees but Hebert was a GREAT DEAL better than he gets credit for or credits himself for.
Burreaux to take it another step can absolutely be one of the best, possibly ever; however, like Bobby with Carl Smith I am afraid of what the Bungles organization might do to this immense talent. Really look no further than his first year with LSU, he was alright; but, it took getting a great offensive scheme for him to truly shine.

I have a question about Burrow because I didn’t watch too many LSU games. I don’t recall hearing that much about him before last season. Was he as good his JR year as he was his SR year? Do you think he might have been a product of the system or is he someone who could thrive in any system?

I have a question about Burrow because I didn’t watch too many LSU games. I don’t recall hearing that much about him before last season. Was he as good his JR year as he was his SR year? Do you think he might have been a product of the system or is he someone who could thrive in any system?

I don’t watch much LSU either but I know this. He went from a 3rd-4th round draft projection to 1st overall in less than a year. I want to say Wentz did the same thing when he came out.

I don’t watch much LSU either but I know this. He went from a 3rd-4th round draft projection to 1st overall in less than a year. I want to say Wentz did the same thing when he came out.
Good point but Wentz hasn’t really impressed me that much. My question is who is the real Burrow? The guy who was projected as a 3rd-4th round pick or the first overall pick. Can he flourish in any system or is he a product of the system he played in this past year. From everything I’ve seen about him you have to love the kid and hope he is a great QB in the league. I think he is going to have the right system for him to shine in. I would love for something to take place and the Saints to get him because I know Sean could be the coach that would get Burrow into the HOF.

Indeed, most people younger than about 45 only know him from his attempt at being a radio show co-host. But Hebert had better receivers at NW St. (Mark Duper, for one) and in the USFL (Anthony Carter, for one) than he did with the Saints.

Eric Martin was adequate enough, but really coulda/shoulda been a tight end had the organization been truly committed to winning. No difference-makers whatsoever on offense during those years, plus the system itself on offense stunk.

Burrow wasn't as polished. He ran alot more than scrambling for the throw. He was certainly capable. I remember talking during the offseason that we finally had a good QB.

I would say he is scheme dependent in that his an intelligent QB and you are wasting his talent if he isn't making complex reads. All NFL offenses will do that, his 2018 offense didn't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom