Ed Oliver going off on coach. Top DT draft prospect. (1 Viewer)

He blew up because his coach wanted to make a statement by putting his hands on him in a passive aggressive manner while on national tv. When this literally was right before halftime and could have been done in private manner. Don’t put your hands on your unpaid interns just to make people know your in charge. I hope Ed Oliver never plays another down for that jackass.

Your coach said take it off, end of conversation
If he would've left it at that the situation never escalates. But Applewhite had no reason to put his hands on Oliver. In the grand scheme of things this COULD hurt Applewhite image with incoming recruits more then it hurts Oliver's draft stock.

Chris Simms talked about how much of a d*** Applewhite was when they were both qbs at Texas, looks like hes still the child that he was in the late 90s.

Applewhite is just P'Oed that Oliver has been hurt for so long that he is now more interested in protecting his brand than finishing the season even when hes healthy.

Last edited:
That dude is 290 lbs., I doubt he was cold in 50 degree weather. If it's a rule, then abide by the damn rule. Simple

Is there also a simple rule allowing coaches to put their hands on a student athlete?

I hate to sound like one of those "old guys" but like I always tell my 2 boys, rules are rules. You may not like the rule, you might not understand the rule or why its a rule in the first place, but you have to follow the rules. I also tell them that if you don't agree with the rule you still have to follow the rule but in the meantime maybe talk to the proper people and see about either getting the rule changed or coming up with a compromise. Until that happens bottom line is you follow the rules.

lol

this thread is riddled with dumb old fart comments like this.

this is how Jerry Sandusky happens

you don't have to do something stupid just because a coach tells you
Equating following a team rule about wearing a coat on the sidelines to rape and child sexual abuse. SMDH

"Stupid" rule or not, when you have one person on the team who does whatever they want because they think they don't have to follow the rules then you no longer have a team. You have a bunch of individuals who lack any sense of order or structure. You don't like the rule? Fine, address it personally with the coach at another time.

If Ed Oliver would've just signed with LSU like he should have then he wouldn't be dealing with this stupid crap. Applewhite has more he should be worrying about than a freaking coat.

lol

this thread is riddled with dumb old fart comments like this.

this is how Jerry Sandusky happens.

you don't have to do something stupid just because a coach tells you
No, allowing people to do whatever they want is how Sandusky happens. I’m sure there wasn’t a rule preventing an adult/coach shower and touch children on school grounds right????

Last edited:
Buy more jackets.

Kids play for free at least get them a jacket.

Kid will take a beating for not showing “respect” but I might have done the same thing.

His coach actually started taking the coat off for him. There are many people who don’t take too kindly to having another person put their hands on them and that is what probably fired him up - just guessing at this point.
I don’t have an opinion on the rule itself; if that’s the rule then follow it if you’re a member of the team.

Sounds like he's much too sensitive for the game of football. There are things said and done on the piles that would make that seem like nothing.

The game of football doesn't end at the sidelines, and it's much more than games and practices. If you don't learn humility, priorities, and self control, the outlook for your career is not so great.

I hate to sound like one of those "old guys" but like I always tell my 2 boys, rules are rules. You may not like the rule, you might not understand the rule or why its a rule in the first place, but you have to follow the rules. I also tell them that if you don't agree with the rule you still have to follow the rule but in the meantime maybe talk to the proper people and see about either getting the rule changed or coming up with a compromise. Until that happens bottom line is you follow the rules.
Rules are shorthand’s for larger intents
Intents could be positive, negative or pointless
There’s nothing sacred about rules
It used to be a rule that certain people could only drink at certain water fountains
Negative intent - should not have been followed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom