Ed Orgeron and LSU to separate at end of season, just two years after winning it all (1 Viewer)

I heard LSU is pitching hard to Lincoln Riley….since Oklahoma is joining the SEC in 2023, they’re hoping he sees this move as an upgrade in recruiting.

Not an LSU fan but from the outside looking in, I thought he was a bad hire. I thought they went the cheap route when they had Miles' buyout. Brady/Burrow saved him.....and gave LSU another big buyout with the contract. I think its a good move getting rid of him sooner rather than later. I think he'd be a good G5 head coach at a place like Southern Miss who needs to hire a new coach.

Brady might be available for HC position at LSU. For the second year in a row it looks like Carolina is going to do another nosedive after a good start.

The Panthers owner doesnt seem to tolerate losing. One bad half season from Rivera cost him his job there. He is by far thier best coach in franchise history

I heard LSU is pitching hard to Lincoln Riley….since Oklahoma is joining the SEC in 2023, they’re hoping he sees this move as an upgrade in recruiting.
Oklahoma will pay him anything. They’ll give him NFL money.

Oklahoma will pay him anything. They’ll give him NFL money.
Yeah, I didn’t hear LSU was landing LR. I heard LSU is going after him hard. Since OK will be in the SEC, make OK break the bank for him. Win/win if you’re LSU.

Brady might be available for HC position at LSU. For the second year in a row it looks like Carolina is going to do another nosedive after a good start.

The Panthers owner doesnt seem to tolerate losing. One bad half season from Rivera cost him his job there. He is by far thier best coach in franchise history

I think he's going to be an NFL HC soon. Maybe in a few months.

Not a LSU fan, but I think any SEC school is gonna have a tough time getting a A plus coach because everyone will try to avoid competing with Saban.

Not a LSU fan, but I think any SEC school is gonna have a tough time getting a A plus coach because everyone will try to avoid competing with Saban.
Saban has been in the conference for 20 years and the top coaches are constantly joining the SEC.

I can’t think of one time where a big time coach was considered for an SEC job and they turned it down for another conference.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I can’t think of any off the top of my head.

True its tough but thats where all the coaching money is at.

College football is shaping up where now there are only two legitimate conferences, the SEC and the BIG10. The rest PAC-12 BIGXII and the ACC are mainly garbage, thus they generate less TV revenue.

Speaking of BIGXII with the loss of Oklahoma and UT, that conference is irrelevant noe.

True its tough but thats where all the coaching money is at.

College football is shaping up where now there are only two legitimate conferences, the SEC and the BIG10. The rest PAC-12 BIGXII and the ACC are mainly garbage, thus they generate less TV revenue.

Speaking of BIGXII with the loss of Oklahoma and UT, that conference is irrelevant noe.
Once USC is back, the cash will start flowing

I disagree. The SEC is where the money is. They're going to get two teams in the playoff every year once OU and UT move. I don't know how much longer Saban will coach. He's about to turn 70. I don't think it's a consideration.

I disagree. The SEC is where the money is. They're going to get two teams in the playoff every year once OU and UT move. I don't know how much longer Saban will coach. He's about to turn 70. I don't think it's a consideration.
When USC comes back, a whole region will come back to CFB.
There is a reason why the National Championship only gets about the same amount of viewers as the regular afternoon NFL game.

If I can throw out a name. I like Matt Campbell at Iowa State. Liked him since he was at Toledo. Now he has the P5 coaching experience I think you need to make a move to LSU. He's 41 years old. He's been a head coach for 10 years.

Yea there’s no reason Lincoln Riley is leaving OU for LSU because it’s a “recruiting upgrade.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom