Ed Orgeron and LSU to separate at end of season, just two years after winning it all (1 Viewer)

Not a Tigers fan...but it just seems like he was a victim of his own excesses.
Well right after the championship we hear of an impending divorce with his wife followed up by a picture of him in bed with a much younger woman, I knew as a Tiger fan that this wasn't good.

Fickell
Napier
Aranda

.. in no particular order.

Also wouldnt have a problem with Mark Stoops, Christobal , Franklin or Brady.

if we can get Chris Petersen out of retirement , that’s a home run hire.. Lincoln Riley too, but even less realistic than Petersen IMO…. I want no part of Kiffin, Meyer or Freeze.

The guy lived his dream! Big Time!
Not only did he get his dream job but he won the Championship with a season many consider the greatest in NCAA history.

He'll be a living legend in La. till he dies. And he'll be a rich one too.

Not an LSU fan but from the outside looking in, I thought he was a bad hire. I thought they went the cheap route when they had Miles' buyout. Brady/Burrow saved him.....and gave LSU another big buyout with the contract. I think its a good move getting rid of him sooner rather than later. I think he'd be a good G5 head coach at a place like Southern Miss who needs to hire a new coach.
Alleva got played by Tom Herman's agent, then made an emotional decision to hide his shame by rushing to hire a guy no one else was looking to hire.

O did a lot of really good things for LSU, but his downfall was his inability to hire competent coordinators. There are some wild, off-field stories coming out already that were the final straw. No matter what, he was the architect of the 2019 National Champ team and that's no small thing.

Alleva got played by Tom Herman's agent, then made an emotional decision to hide his shame by rushing to hire a guy no one else was looking to hire.

O did a lot of really good things for LSU, but his downfall was his inability to hire competent coordinators. There are some wild, off-field stories coming out already that were the final straw. No matter what, he was the architect of the 2019 National Champ team and that's no small thing.

I think Tom Herman can be had if they want him.

Brody Miller had some insight into the kind of coach Woodward is looking for. Someone who has elevated a team and a proven winner. That's going to leave a lot of popular names off the list like Kiffen, Napier, Mel Tucker, etc. if true. We know he makes a splash with "impossible" hires. Chris Petersen, Jimbo, Kim Mulkey, Jay Johnson, etc are all people thought to have been entrenched in their previous respective programs and Woodward pulled everyone away.

My list in order of preference:

1) Lincoln Riley
2) Mario Cristobal
3) James Franklin
4) Chris Petersen
5) Luke Fickell

Offer them all, no matter ludicrous. Make their schools pay a fortune to keep them so they say "no" at the very least.

My list in order of preference:

1) Lincoln Riley
2) Mario Cristobal
3) James Franklin
4) Chris Petersen
5) Luke Fickell

Offer them all, no matter ludicrous. Make their schools pay a fortune to keep them so they say "no" at the very least.

Not a bad list.. id probably drop Cristobal and Franklin down and put Petersen and Fickell at 2 and 3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom