Ed Reed Update - 49ers Interest Was A 'Smokescreen' May Stay With Balt (1 Viewer)

Pdlc

NOT A FANBOY
Reaction score
Ed Reed - DB - Ravens
The Baltimore Sun reports the Ravens are "definitely not out of the picture" for the Ravens.
The 49ers showed initial interest in Reed, but a more recent report deemed it a "smokescreen," and neither the Colts nor Patriots seem to be aggressively pursuing him. The Ravens have some cap room after the Dolphins overpaid Dannell Ellerbe, and cutting Bernard Pollard. They are positioned to afford keeping Reed.

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/311876064945266688

I know. The Saints have to show interest first though

:jpshakehead:

Well here is the problem, if we sign him, that takes away from us signing 2nd tier players that we need.

Since we are stuck with Harper due to his cap penalty if cut, we might not have the $$ to bring Reed out of Baltimore.

I wish it would happen, but not likely, for his value we can sign 2 or 3 2nd tier players for his price tag.

Well here is the problem, if we sign him, that takes away from us signing 2nd tier players that we need.

Since we are stuck with Harper due to his cap penalty if cut, we might not have the $$ to bring Reed out of Baltimore.

I wish it would happen, but not likely, for his value we can sign 2 or 3 2nd tier players for his price tag.

1st tier players we need trump 2nd tier players we need.

I don't think Reed would get more than 4 million at this stage of his career. He wouldnt break the bank

Well, what if the interest for Reed isn't there. If that's case Reed may lower his asking price. Smart teams don't overpay for players in free agency.

Let the market settle... if he's still around after teams are over-paying everyone else, then we'll get him at a reasonable number. If a team jumps and breaks the bank for him, then he'll sign.

1 day into free agency is too soon... everybody is overpaying at this point. There are a ton of veteran free agents still around.

He has same agent as ray Lewis and they did same thing - go find ur value from other teams in FA and then come back and make a deal

PFT's Mike Florio is "getting the sense" the Ravens don't want to re-sign free agent Ed Reed.
The Baltimore Sun reported Wednesday morning the Ravens were "definitely not out of the picture" for one of their franchise cornerstones, but they're apparently getting ready to move on. It's what they're doing at seemingly every other position on defense. The loss of Reed would mean the Ravens need two need safeties after cutting Bernard Pollard. The Ravens are gutting the core of their team like few other recent SB champs.

Ed Reed - Baltimore Ravens - 2013 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Let the market settle... if he's still around after teams are over-paying everyone else, then we'll get him at a reasonable number. If a team jumps and breaks the bank for him, then he'll sign.

1 day into free agency is too soon... everybody is overpaying at this point. There are a ton of veteran free agents still around.

This!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom