Eddie Murphy interview (1 Viewer)

I thought his episode of Comedians in cars getting coffee was pretty good. Looking forward to his return!

I've seen the Best of Eddie Murphy Saturday Night Live about a dozen times. I've never seen any of the other ones even once.

“That’s the carrot,” Murphy says. “Every now and then when I think about it, I think, ‘What would I even talk about onstage?’ It’s never been, ‘I wonder if I’m funny. I wonder if I can come up with jokes.’ It’s more, ‘What would it be like without the leather suit and the anger?’ ”............
and this is why i have a hard time imaging this would be good
his anger was his fuel
he's obviously very gifted so that helps as a performer - how to tell a joke/how to read the audience and adjust
but does he have the anger/insight/fuel/energy to sharpen a joke as much as he used to?
i see no reason to think he would

Eddie will be hosting Saturday Night Live for the first time since 1984 on December 21st

Reviews for Eddie have been glowing
===============

For the amount of cursing, vulgarity and nudity in “Dolemite Is My Name ,” it might come as a surprise that it’s actually a rather sweet and heartfelt film. “Dolemite”is not here to shock and scandalize.

It’s simply a loving, R-rated portrait of Rudy Ray Moore, a nobody who had the guts to believe in himself when no one else did, featuring a killer comeback Eddie Murphy performance.........

I don’t know how old it Is so everyone may have seen it already but the Riding In Cars with Comedians episode with him was fantastic. I only recently saw it. I have been playing his old stuff for my girlfriend trying to explain what a rock star he was in his prime.

I don’t know how old it Is so everyone may have seen it already but the Riding In Cars with Comedians episode with him was fantastic. I only recently saw it. I have been playing his old stuff for my girlfriend trying to explain what a rock star he was in his prime.

I just saw it last week. I've been watching Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee for several weeks now and I love the show.

There are some fantastic cars on the shown, as well as some really silly and quirky ones.

Fwiw, in case same here don't know, CICGC is on Netflix. Highly recommend.

Saw Delirious last week and planning to watch Raw. It's as funny now as it was back when I first heard it so many years ago. Some of it is absolutely not PC or appropriate in today's culture. Times have certainly changed.

One of my all-time favorite movies is "Life" with Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence. Also stars Bernie Mac, Miguel A. Núñez Jr., and Anthony Anderson.

Eddie and Martin's comedic partnership in this movie is so perfect and at the same time, the movie is quite poignant. My friends and I have been quoting this movie for 20 years now.

I'm so glad to see Eddie re-emerging yet again. He is most funny when he's not even trying and just being himself. Just a natural comedienne

One of my all-time favorite movies is "Life" with Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence. Also stars Bernie Mac, Miguel A. Núñez Jr., and Anthony Anderson.

Eddie and Martin's comedic partnership in this movie is so perfect and at the same time, the movie is quite poignant. My friends and I have been quoting this movie for 20 years now.

I'm so glad to see Eddie re-emerging yet again. He is most funny when he's not even trying and just being himself. Just a natural comedienne

I like Life a lot too - to me it's easily Martin's best movie

I've always said that the movie was mis marketed

Eddie Murphy! Martin Lawrence! Bernie Mac!

It was presented as this super hilarious movie when I thought that it was more of a light hearted Shawshank Redemption

TORONTO (AP) — Eddie Murphy is very fond of his couch.

He talks about it a lot. It’s where, according to Murphy, he’s spent much of his last few years, in a happy retreat from the public eye. He’s a natural homebody, content to stick close to his Los Angeles home with his family (he has 10 kids) around him.

One of the funniest, most electric comedians ever — the leather-suited dynamo of “Delirious,” the street-wise rebel of “Beverly Hills Cop”— just lounging.

But after a decade of relative relaxation — a time of half-hearted comebacks, movies that fizzled and occasional music projects — Murphy is back.

He is — and this is big news — feeling it again, decades after he last performed stand-up........

he apologized for what made raw and delirious funny. I bet trading places wouldn't have been made today coming to America (like blazing saddles) no way.

i view all comedy in the wokejustice era with extreme skepticism. Chappelle surprised me in a good way and so has louis ck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom