Eddie Murphy interview (1 Viewer)

he apologized for what made raw and delirious funny. I bet trading places wouldn't have been made today coming to America (like blazing saddles) no way.

i view all comedy in the wokejustice era with extreme skepticism. Chappelle surprised me in a good way and so has louis ck.

Did he really...? Man that's disappointing....:jpshakehead:

he apologized for what made raw and delirious funny. I bet trading places wouldn't have been made today coming to America (like blazing saddles) no way.

i view all comedy in the wokejustice era with extreme skepticism. Chappelle surprised me in a good way and so has louis ck.

If he did apologize for it, I can see why, but, he really did speak in a lot of ways the culture at that time. I don't necessarily think he needed to apologize as much as simply acknowledge that what he said back then more than likely wouldn't be appropriate today.

I imagine that's part of the reason he hasn't gotten back into stand-up. He certainly can do it, but he would have to come up with new material.

Watching some of the older stuff, Pryor, Murphy and others isn't for the faint of heart. If you get offended easily, watch something else. It doesn't really bother me because I've heard it all before.

I like Life a lot too - to me it's easily Martin's best movie

I've always said that the movie was mis marketed

Eddie Murphy! Martin Lawrence! Bernie Mac!

It was presented as this super hilarious movie when I thought that it was more of a light hearted Shawshank Redemption

It was not marketed correctly at all.

I'm so glad I caught it in theaters...over time, the more I watched it, the better it got to me. It has a bit of a cult following especially in the black community, but I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Dolemite and seeing what other projects Eddie will put out next

I'll even watch SNL for the first time in years for the show that hosts. That should be electric!

I think that a lot of younger people know Eddie Murphy from Shrek or Dr. Doolittle

I’m a tiny bit worried that if they see delirious or raw then the same thing Kevin Hart was put though will happen again

He said that he’ll go stand up again next year

We’ll see, he’s said it before

I watched it and loved it. I am sure some people watched it and were like:

giphy.gif

I enjoyed SNL last night. The monologue set the tone IMO (Chappelle has blown up since last I saw him).

The home for the holidays was my favorite one

I was hoping to get a skit with Chris rock and Dave Chappelle

I enjoyed it

It was great to see Eddie on SNL. His appearance was very well received in general from folks.

The family holiday skit was great.

But I loved the Gumby appearance the most I think. When Eddie breaks character and laughs that signature Eddie laugh of his, I fall out laughing every time.

It was great seeing him enjoy himself and making people laugh again.

Can't wait for Coming to America 2

It was great to see Eddie on SNL. His appearance was very well received in general from folks.

The family holiday skit was great.

But I loved the Gumby appearance the most I think. When Eddie breaks character and laughs that signature Eddie laugh of his, I fall out laughing every time.

It was great seeing him enjoy himself and making people laugh again.

Can't wait for Coming to America 2
yep gumby was the best

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom