Edgerrin James makes HoF; Sam Mills doesn't. (1 Viewer)

This was Polamalu's first time on the ballot. James couldn't have qualified more than a few years ago. It's funny Atwater is going in at the same time as Polamalu. Steve was better in all areas, really only 2nd to Lott. No way it should have taken Atwater this long and Polamalu gets in as a first ballot. Not saying Troy isn't HOF worthy but not his 1st year.

Didn't realize it was Polamalu's first year. Seems like he retired ages ago. I'm fine with him being first ballot. He was a tremendous, game changing player.

When I think about my football watching life, the safeties that stand out are Lott, Reed, Polamalu, and Atwater. Earl Thomas as well, but he's still playing. All of them should be in. You're definitely right on Atwater. I always assumed he was already in. Hutchison too. Might be the best OG I can recall.

I can see how he’ll get in being a part of the Greatest Show on Turf.
The Greatest Show on Turf was the 2011 New Orleans Saints.
NEW ORLEANS -- The New Orleans Saints set an NFL record for the most yards of offense in a season on Sunday, while Drew Brees broke Peyton Manning's 2010 mark for single-season completions.
The 2000 St. Louis Rams, nicknamed "The Greatest Show on Turf," held the previous net yardage mark of 7,075. New Orleans eclipsed that in the second quarter of Sunday's season finale against the Carolina Panthers on a pass from Brees to Robert Meachem before finishing with 7,474.

Steve Hutchinson only made 7 Pro Bowls. Since when does an offensive lineman get in with such a limited playing career?

Needs to be 10 Pro Bowls minimum.
Steve Hutchinson was the leading force in front of Shaun Alexander’s career and Adrian Peterson

7 pro bowls in a 12 year career.

He was hands down the best lineman in the league for much of his career.

the hall of fame isn’t just for skill players and more lineman should be in imo

A lot of great players on winning teams. some people will have to accept the saints had great players also but on losing teams and like it or not winning matters.

agreed but there are so many players ahead of him that deserve introduction in the hall.

cam jordan's dad, steve jordan, is worthy more than 90% of those considered. the process is forked up.

Long as Cam stays on the current trajectory, they could spend Father’s Day in canton someday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom