Update EDIT: James Gunn RE-HIRED to GotG Franchise (1 Viewer)

Apparently, he had some bad tweets from back in the day, stuff about rape and pedophilia. He has now deleted his account. Twitter has been a serial career killer.

Wow. Over tweets made 7 years ago. They must have been pretty bad.
Is there even a GotG 3 without him? I mean he wrote and directed the first two. Even wrote their dialogue in Avengers.

Wow. Over tweets made 7 years ago. They must have been pretty bad.
Is there even a GotG 3 without him? I mean he wrote and directed the first two. Even wrote their dialogue in Avengers.

I believe he had already finished the script for 3. I'm curious to see if it will be used or if they will start from scratch.

I believe he had already finished the script for 3. I'm curious to see if it will be used or if they will start from scratch.

Yes, his version of the script for GotG 3 is finished. I'm also curious if they use it or ditch it.

Anyone with half a brain should be deleting their Twitter accounts completely. It exists solely to get people fired. And sheet you said a decade ago still remains frozen in time without context, waiting for someone with an ax to grind to come along and weaponize it.

Seriously, just get rid of it. Save your careers and delete the damn thing.

Can't imagine them starting from scratch.
It'll be interesting to see what Chris Pratt and some of the other actors from GotG say about this.

From what's available now this seems to be a very poor decision by Disney. The tweets were also around the time he was working for Troma, a company largely built on shock.

Apparently, he had some bad tweets from back in the day, stuff about rape and pedophilia. He has now deleted his account. Twitter has been a serial career killer.
kinda looks like an inside hit job - twitter was just the tool that they used -if it wasn't twitter it would be something else

https://news.avclub.com/james-gunn-fired-from-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-o-1827757055

The AV Club has an article on this. The article claims that Jack Posobiec and Mike Cernovich are the ones who brought these tweets up, possibly because Gunn has been so publicly critical of Trump.

Someone in the comments has pics of (which I assume are accurate, but not sure) the tweets. If those are all from Gunn, then shock-based job at the time or not, it's pretty bad. I understand that they are jokes, but I also get why Disney would want to put space between themselves and the tweets.

I read the tweets. Even if he was just joking. They are really bad. And I have a darker sense of humor than a lot of people. But those tweets are disgusting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom