Speculation [EDIT: Michael Thomas suggests Saints are trying to damage his reputation] (1 Viewer)

Lol... Mike didn't breach his contract. Athletes have the last say in what happens to their body in surgical consult, because athletes are human beings and they have rights.

Thanks for the LOL, but nowhere in there did I reference a surgical consult. I love when people don't read posts yet take a condescending attitude in their response. LOL.

The point made was that he was out of reach of the franchise (If the report is true) and that led to this situation. These multi-million dollar contracts are very detailed in terms of requirements/expectations so I would assume he was in breach of some contractual requirement by not being available to the staff.

Does your employer not require you to be available/reachable? Mine does.

RIGHT. Trading Thomas now would be a wonderful stupid idea.
Thanks for the LOL, but nowhere in there did I reference a surgical consult. I love when people don't read posts yet take a condescending attitude in their response. LOL.

The point made was that he was out of reach of the franchise (If the report is true) and that led to this situation. These multi-million dollar contracts are very detailed in terms of requirements/expectations so I would assume he was in breach of some contractual requirement.
Once again you don't listen. He didn't breach his contract.

Saints didn't elect any discipline measures in June when this happened two months ago.

If he did... This would of happened two months ago. Keep showing your true colors, fam.

In hindsight he should have had surgery last year, since when he finally recovers he'll have missed almost 1.5 seasons worth of snaps. but I get why he didn't. Probably due to it being Drew's last year and all that.
But you know that infamous saying "hindsight is 50/50"

Why can't we just have nice things?
We did, his name was Marques Colston. Now we drafted a WR, made him a star, played heavily to his strength, made him the highest paid receiver in the league, and have been rewarded with this cutesy “I got hurt on company time, I’ll rehab on company time” bull excrement. CGM has gone full on Keyshawn Johnson (his uncle) headcase. My patience has worn very, very thin with Thomas. I loved him on the field and tolerated him off it. Now that toleration is almost gone. If he comes back, plays hard, keeps his yap shut, then I’m willing to forgive and forget. If he keeps talking out his rectum, blaming everyone but himself, then I want him gone to the Jets or Bengals for a pick or two…..

RIGHT. Trading Thomas now would be a wonderful stupid idea.

Saints didn't elect any discipline measures in June when this happened two months ago.

If he did... This would of happened two months ago. Keep showing your true colors, fam.
Wrong ! I showed earlier that there is a 1.2M cap savings on a trade this year and a 2M savings next year.

No one can argue that what he did was irresponsible and hurt the team....last year he punched a player and then got his feel goods hurt when the other players backed the other player...throwing heat at coaches..suspended and it hurt the team. I'm not going to go down a list but my point is he is trending a certain way with this "can't nobody tell me nuthin" attitude. Bro, you are great! So be a great teammate and stop selfishly hurting your team

I asked a reasonable question. This is taken directly from the CBA and it's reasonable for a non-lawyer like myself to think it might apply. It applies to every player contract.

:rolleyes:

Forfeitable Breach. Any player who (i) willfully fails to report, practice or play with the result that the player’s ability to fully participate and contribute to the team is substantially undermined (for example, without limitation, holding out or leaving the squad absent a showing of extreme personal hardship); or (ii) is unavailable to the team due to conduct by him that results in his incarceration; or (iii) is unavailable to the team due to a nonfootball injury that resulted from a material breach of Paragraph 3 of his NFL Player Contract; or (iv) voluntarily retires (collectively, any “Forfeitable Breach”) may be required to forfeit signing bonus, roster bonus, option bonus and/or reporting bonus, and no other Salary, for each League Year in which a Forfeitable Breach occurs (collectively, “Forfeitable Salary Allocations”), as set forth below:

Can't Call Mike

Jeff's job is to write, report, etc.

Mike's job is to play football.

Jeff is doing his job.

Mike is tweeting.

If Scooter made this up and has no sources, CCM (Can't Call Mike is a GREAT new moniker, if true!), then Thomas can just come out and say that he did NOT Ghost his employer for three months and fail to return their calls, texts and emails. It would end very quickly and it would be on Scooter to put forth some sources on the record. I am not a fan of Duncan, his buying the bounty junk was beyond redeemable, but he is likely correct with this report. I don't know about any of you, but three months of ghosting my employer would have gotten me fired many times over.

And the Saints have some responsibility on this also. They know Thomas is a Diva, after three DAYS of ghosting they should have reached out to his agent, friends and family, after three weeks of continued ghosting, they should have flown the Benson Jet to his last know location and sent out a search party.

I asked a reasonable question. This is taken directly from the CBA and it's reasonable for a non-lawyer like myself to think it might apply. It applies to every player contract.

:rolleyes:
I'm looking for doesn't call the team back or return phone calls for 3 months in the by laws 🤣🤣

I have been n Cozumel and just woke up. Can someone give me the cliff notes of this thread please?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom