Very Banned
Reaction score
1st round - Jarvis Jones (OLB-UGA)
3rd round - Chris Faulk (LT-LSU)
4th round - Tharold Simon (CB-LSU)
5th round - Kawame Geathers (NT-UGA)
6th round -Corey Fuller (WR-VT)
7th round - Earl Wolff (SS-NC State)

Disclaimer: I am not an LSU "homer" but I've watched both of these guys play and those picks are of great value in my opinion.

1st - Jarvis Jones - I think will be on the board and we simply cannot pass on what he would bring, turnovers, relentless pass-rushing, and just amazing overall talent. Off the field work ethic flags have been raised and some concerns persist about injury (spinal stenosis condition). But with the talent and intensity he plays with, he will be the pick if he's indeed on the board. I fully expect him to be.

3rd - Chris Faulk - if he is on the board for us in the third round, it would be the steal of the century. With OTs going so quickly, there's a strong possibility he's off the board. Most sites have him going in the early 4th, but I think that will rise as we get closer to April and the combine concludes. For those unfamiliar, Faulk was expected to be the #1 OT in the draft in which he declared.

4th - Tharold Simon - we need a tall, physical boundary corner. Simon has some character concerns, but talent-wise he's of great value in the 4th. He's 6'-3" and could match up against tall WRs quite well, especially in the red zone when height is key.

5th - Kawame Geathers - we obviously need a NT. At 355 lbs, I'd say he can pretty much clog up the inside running game. We could rotate he and Bunkley at NT until Geathers gets enough NFL experience.

6th - Corey Fuller - lightning speed (4.32-40) and is relatively tall at 6'-2". Ran track at Kansas before transferring to VT. Look up some film on him, pretty impressive for being a potential 6th rounder.

7th - Earl Wolff - need more speed at SS and he runs a 4.43-40. That's pretty impressive for a safety. His speed compares most to Matt Elam, with Elam being 0.01 of a second faster. Great angles and proper footwork. Very quick at diagnosing a play and making a move on the ball. Excellent value in the 7th round!

GO RAVENS!!! Happy SB Sunday everyone! Next year we get to let the ftard of the NFL hand us the Lombardi in his backyard. Then we can rub it in his face as to how friendly NYC has been while we shist on his Giants en route to smashing bilicheck and the golden boy in the SB! Cheers guys! 2013 here we come! Fired up and ready to go!!!

I like your draft, nice job. Getting Jarvis Jones would be awesome!

:9:

I like your draft, nice job. Getting Jarvis Jones would be awesome!

:9:

Agreed! I keep struggling with do we move back and pick up an extra pick or do we get an elite talent? More isn't necessarily better, and we all know drafting is like shooting craps. At this point we need a great pass rusher and we will just have to suck it up in the 2nd I guess. Although one could make a great case for Faulk being a nice 2nd round pick. If he falls to us, it would be more like losing a third (IMO). But yeah, I would be VERY happy with this draft.

That is perfect, jones, faulk, geathers are three I am hoping for

Maybe pickup Ed Reed in FA, then move Jenkins back over to CB. I will admit though, I am sort of torn on whether or not to move MJ back. I'd like to see us grab Jared Cook at TE as well.

Replace Faulk with someone like Brandon Jenkins and I love it

Replace Faulk with someone like Brandon Jenkins and I love it

Assuming we re-sign Bushrod I would agree 100%. I would love to get Brandon Jenkins, he'll be a steal for someone as well. I would then select an OT later in the draft or in FA for depth purposes.

I've seen a few mocks for us, but this is the best I've seen so far.

Your draft addresses needs, but also has players who can come in and compete for spots, not just be an understudy to become a future contributor.

IF Jarvis Jones is there at 15, thank you lord!

If we can't re sign JB, do you really want Charlie Brown protecting Drew's blindside? Good grief! Even if we re sign Bushrod, Faulk can play RT, a spot where we've had a juuust a bit of a problem lately.

Simon is a tall, physical CB. If we play zone, or man under, he's a good get.

We'll need some rotation with Bunk at NT, and Geathers is a big body who can do that.

One pick for every level on D, and the biggest need on O.......... in the first 4 picks!

Well done! :9:

(EDIT) Faulk could be available in the 4th rd. Use the 3rd rd pick on a CB or a S like Cyprien or Rambo, depending on who the DC is and what HE wants.

Never heard of this wolff, i hope he isn't nothing like chip vaughn, who was as well a really fast safety. I like your mock but highly doubt jones's there @ 15

I love the picks at safety. It looks like the NFL defenses are changing now. You need fast safeties who can cover like CBs. Just take a look at the starting safeties around the league they are not as big as they use to be. If I am not mistaken ATL has some small safeties.

I love the first two picks and dont really like the rest for various reasons.

I dont really mind character concerns as long as they are not laziness, this is a reason for me to not even have simon or fuller on my board, neither guy seems like they have the drive needed to succeed.

The same could actually to a lesser extend also be said of Geahters, He also struggled to even see the field (although admittedly the guy in front of him is pretty talented). Not nuts about spending a mid rounder just on a guys triangle numbers.

Wolf was part of a pretty suspect secondary with NC state. The guy doesnt play the ball well in the air and imo doesnt play up to his measurables.

If we get out of the draft with jones and faulk and all our picks next year still intact i still wouldnt complain though

Thanks guys. I tried to match value with need as much as possible. I think if we do not get Faulk on the 3rd, he will not be there in the 4th. But if we re-sign Bushrod (which I don't see happening), our high pick wouldn't be needed on a LT. But yeah Rambo would be a nice get! The good thing is that as someone mentioned, Faulk could play RT too. If we do indeed re-sign Bushrod and pickup Faulk, we will have the best o-line in the NFL in my opinion. DB would have all day to pass and we could be more balanced. The reason we broke away from the run game this year is because we ran on 1st and 2nd down and got nothing, leaving us at 3rd and long A LOT! That puts a strain on your offense because teams know that on 3rd and 8 you're going to pass. Bring that down to more 3rd and 2s and 3rd and 1s and we become less predictable. Also with SP being out a full year, I feel sorry for other teams because he probably has 50 new packages/formations for each team we play this year lol. The reason he is so successful is because he's creative enough that he never uses (or overuses in the same situations) the same plays. He keeps defenses guessing. But yeah, I would be happy with the above draft. I think this draft and a couple FA moves will get us right back deep into the playoffs and a shot at winning another SB!!! Who Dat?!?!? Enjoy the game today guys!

If Jarvis Jones is not there, someone great will fall to us. Ansah, Mingo, Jordan, I've seen some mocks lately that have Star lotuleli falling past us. He would be a huge pickup as well. He'd pretty much sew up the interior of the d-line. I'd be happy with any of these guys. I think mingo will be great when he's allowed to play OLB and rush the QB from standing. Ansah is just going to be a beast for a long time for someone, seems to have a very strong work ethic and lots of drive to get better and understand defense strategies. Jordan is very versatile, can break away and cover TEs or can rush the QB. I love all of the picks.

I love the first two picks and dont really like the rest for various reasons.

I dont really mind character concerns as long as they are not laziness, this is a reason for me to not even have simon or fuller on my board, neither guy seems like they have the drive needed to succeed.

The same could actually to a lesser extend also be said of Geahters, He also struggled to even see the field (although admittedly the guy in front of him is pretty talented). Not nuts about spending a mid rounder just on a guys triangle numbers.

Wolf was part of a pretty suspect secondary with NC state. The guy doesnt play the ball well in the air and imo doesnt play up to his measurables.

If we get out of the draft with jones and faulk and all our picks next year still intact i still wouldnt complain though

I agree to some extent, but the character concerns can be addressed by a great coach like we have. Something about SP makes everyone want to get on the same page and work hard. Some will be trash no matter what, it's a chance you take, hence, the draft is like the lottery. You just never know, a person with great character could also act up, predicting personalities is hard to do. No one is going to be an angel, talent wise though these guys are top notch. SP will be able to tell from combines and interviews if a guy seems like a good candidate.

Lastly, Wolff is a 7th rounder, he will come with issues. For that reason I think the FO will address SS in free agency. Harper just doesn't have the speed to play that position anymore IMO. Wolff would be good depth and could learn under a veteran. I wasn't really wanting anyone to assume Wolff could start right away, not at all lol. If William Moore gets on the free market from ATL, I say we try to get him.

no way star falls that far. if he does,i would b concerned about y he did.he has top five talent.so if he falls teams know something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom