N/S Edwards-Helaire beasting tonight (...maybe early OROY candidate) (1 Viewer)

I take nothing away from the Chiefs team ... they have a high octane offense with great players ...

But that that Texans defense is trash. I don't see much improvement on their O line either. O'Brien and co has a ton of work to do.

I was going to say the same. People should temper the expectations. The Cheifs play better defenses moving forward.

I was really wishing we would draft CEH. Not a knock on Ruiz, but IMO CEH would have been a perfect back up to AK should he get injured or price himself out of our range. CEH is a very good runner and receiver who can do everything AK does.

Talk about a perfect fit with the Chiefs. When they took him in the draft I was like genius. He’s Andy Reid’s new Brian Westbrook, but an even better runner between the tackles

I was really wishing we would draft CEH. Not a knock on Ruiz, but IMO CEH would have been a perfect back up to AK should he get injured or price himself out of our range. CEH is a very good runner and receiver who can do everything AK does.
Spending a first round pick on a back up RB is only ever a good idea*if* you plan to let the starter go by the start of the following season.

Personally I'll take the C/G in that scenario every day of the week.

He can’t do short yardage like Kamara. Not even close. AK can run with power.

Spending a first round pick on a back up RB is only ever a good idea*if* you plan to let the starter go by the start of the following season.

Personally I'll take the C/G in that scenario every day of the week.
while I do agree, we've never had a true #1 work horse RB since Payton's been the HC. He's always had a rotational backfield (Deuce/Bush, PT/Bush/Bell, Ingram/AK). The knock on AK has always been if he could handle the full workload of a true #1 RB. Last season he was dinged up and we forced him out there and he was unable to perform like his usual super human self and it was very noticable. IMO Having a similar RB like CEH would have allowed him time to heal. We also have Murray for short yardage when need.

He can’t do short yardage like Kamara. Not even close. AK can run with power.
Just like others are saying dont grant him the OROY after one game, don't say he can't do short yardage after one game either. He has a low center of gravity and some powerful legs which he showed last year at LSU. Also, O-line blocking is very critical on short yardage also and I know at the goal line JJ Watt and other Defensive Players were busting through that O-line and that's not on the RB.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom