EE helps plan the next family vacation (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
my girlfriend and I are going to take two vacations this summer, a get away for both of us and one where we take her two boys.

Last year we went to the beach and water parks in Destin. The boys did not enjoy the beach much but enjoyed the water park. They already go to the beach every year with their father anyway so I figured we would take our family vacation somewhere else.

my plan is to find a good amusement park that is in driving distance from NOLA. I have read about Grand Texas online but have not heard much about it. The website still says coming soon but that is from 2018. Does anyone know anything about it?

What we are looking for is an amusement park with plenty of roller coasters and a pretty good water park nearby for a change up.

It really depends on what you mean by driving distance? I've driven to Orlando many times but some may find that unreasonable.

Anyway, it also depends on how old the boys are. If they are 10 or 12, I would recommend Universal Orlando. They have a water park connected to the property.

Driving distance from NOLA is pretty widespread. What about the mountains? Colorado Springs has lots to do. I can give you many ideas.

Driving distance from NOLA is pretty widespread. What about the mountains? Colorado Springs has lots to do. I can give you many ideas.

yea, I guess I have not thought out how much I was willing to cut into vacation time with driving. I am not opposed to driving far but my gf can only get away from her job for like 4 days at a time. Colorado Springs might be a bit far but I would love to go to the mountains. I would also like to think money is no option but plane tickets is going to take another level of commitment that we may or may not end up making.

and we all would really like the amusement park type thing, I just can't believe there are none closer than an 8 or 9 hour drive.

yea, I guess I have not thought out how much I was willing to cut into vacation time with driving. I am not opposed to driving far but my gf can only get away from her job for like 4 days at a time. Colorado Springs might be a bit far but I would love to go to the mountains. I would also like to think money is no option but plane tickets is going to take another level of commitment that we may or may not end up making.

and we all would really like the amusement park type thing, I just can't believe there are none closer than an 8 or 9 hour drive.

Then Happy Valley Wuhan is probably not in the equation for you.

could go to Atlanta I guess.

We only just started talking about it. I guess I need to talk to her about a higher level of commitment both with time and money

Image result for vacation kiss sandwich gif

Last edited:
I can't wait for Undead Snoopy to jack this thread.

my girlfriend and I are going to take two vacations this summer, a get away for both of us and one where we take her two boys.

Last year we went to the beach and water parks in Destin. The boys did not enjoy the beach much but enjoyed the water park. They already go to the beach every year with their father anyway so I figured we would take our family vacation somewhere else.

my plan is to find a good amusement park that is in driving distance from NOLA. I have read about Grand Texas online but have not heard much about it. The website still says coming soon but that is from 2018. Does anyone know anything about it?

What we are looking for is an amusement park with plenty of roller coasters and a pretty good water park nearby for a change up.

Check out San Antonio. There's parks and if you want you can visit the caves not too far away.

Busch Gardens in Tampa is pretty cool....it's about 9-10 hours

This would have been my first suggestion. If they don't like the beach, but want to swim with Dolphins, check out Discovery Cove in Orlando. It's pricey, but you can add on Busch Gardens and Aquatica for dirt cheap. You can also hit up Tampa and Orlando.

Cedar point.

It's a long drive, but it's probably the best coaster park.

Check out San Antonio. There's parks and if you want you can visit the caves not too far away.

Not a bad option. We go to San Antonio every couple years or so. Stay by the Riverwalk and drive out to the other places.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom