Efficient game came as no surprise to New Orleans Saints quarterback Taysom Hill (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1606392315026.png
'I've always believed in myself'

John DeShazier | Senior Writer - NewOrleansSaints.com

Absolutely, Taysom Hill envisioned success for his first NFL start at quarterback because, well, why wouldn't he?

Since the New Orleans Saints claimed him off waivers in 2017, Hill has been effective in every role played for the Saints. None of them had been as an all-game quarterback, but that's the position that New Orleans envisioned for Hill, Coach Sean Payton has said.

So Hill simply went about the business of doing what he expected against Atlanta, and completed 18 of 23 passes for 233 yards, and ran 10 times for 51 yards and two touchdowns, in a 24-9 victory that gave the Saints (8-2) their seventh consecutive win.

"I wouldn't say that I was able to do something that I didn't know I was capable of," said Hill, who made his first start in place of the injured Drew Brees, and will make his second start Sunday when the Saints play the Broncos (4-6) at Empower Field at Mile High in Denver.

"I've always felt like I was capable of being a starter in this league and really, it just came down to having the opportunity," he said. "So I wasn't surprised from that standpoint. I've always believed in myself." ...

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom