EJW Mock Draft "after" Rob Ryan Hiring (1 Viewer)

Agree with trading down to pick up a 2nd. However, don't agree with the picks.

Shrugs i like em. Addresses every need and gives us some speed/impact players on D. Elam is an impact safety. Bass is a sleeper to me. Armstead is a pick in the bushrod mold and we need another deep threat WR. Also threw in a TE for good measure.

Just my opinion, but I don't see the Saints taking a WR that high in this draft. We were the 3rd ranked offense this past year and I think we have the WRs that will be on the roster next year already on the roster this year, unless we grab someone late who makes the team. I have a feeling Sean Payton is tired of seeing the defense not up to snuff and will want to rebuild it with early picks (not like they haven't tried, but it's time they get a few homeruns on D this year). Of course you never know what will happen with free agency or who will fall in the draft, but I just don't see the Saints grabbing any offensive players early, unless someone is there that they never thought would be there. I can't help but think that Payton and company almost assume they will find their diamond in the rough every year either late in the draft or in undrafted free agency.

Didn't think wed take Robert Meachem with the 1st pick either

We were seen scouting this kid. Now keep in mind i took this pick with our 2nd because hes a fringe 2nd/3rd rounder. Also this only works if we actually trade with the Rams and get a 2nd rounder. If we dont then i don't have us selecting a WR either.

We were seen checking him out@ the Senior Bowl. Every last one of our receivers has an issue with beating press coverage...supposedly he was very good in that area@ the Senior Bowl. Also 2nd round insurance if Joe Morgan doesn't work out. Id rather draft a guy in the late 2nd than sign a guy like Mike Wallace for X amount of dollars.

you keep adding those two we talked to at the senior bowl, we never seem to get those, I do like the Rhodes pick, also could see Jessie Williams NT with that pick, his stock will rise.

you keep adding those two we talked to at the senior bowl, we never seem to get those, I do like the Rhodes pick, also could see Jessie Williams NT with that pick, his stock will rise.

Yeah ive been trying to use some logic behind the picks.

We talked to Safeties/WR/running backs/CB's/NT @ the bowl games. So obviously we must be looking to restock in those areas or at least thats what ive gotten from it.

Nose Tackles and Pass Rushers in the 1st round are never sure shots. Bunkley and his contract basically spells out we won't be taking a NT with the 1st pick. If we decide to keep both safeties then yeah i can see Rhodes being a pick especially since Ryan is known for either Safeties or big corners.

Howver my only issue with that is Malcolm Jenkins hasn't been a good safety.

If i were GM id rather move away from both Safeties all together and instead of wasting a high draft pick on a big corner(who has good ball skills might i add) id rather just move our original big corner (jenkins) to CB and promote IAQ to FS and draft Elam@ SS. WE knock out 3 areas with only 1 draft pick basically.

I won't red thumb you lol...i don't red thumb people for posting opinions.

Anyhow why don't u see the draft happening? Due to the trades? Everyone is right about where they are valued and we add depth on Offense and get some new faces on Defense

There is logic behind the first 4 picks as well.

Matt Elam because we need a SS and due to Rob coaching his brother Abe Elam we would have insight on him
Tavarres King/Leon Mcfadden/Zavier Gooden all met with us during east west shrine game/senior bowl so they could be targets.

I can respect that lol.
I'm not much of a draft expert buy I highly doubt we will draft a safety in the first round but is not impossible. We need pass rushers. As we saw in the super bowl where the safeties that this forum loves from the niners were getting picked due to the failure of their pass rush. I am 80% sure they will draft either a dt or de.

The trade involving Roman Harper will not happen. Inot only doubt it, I know it won't happen. His contract will be restructured. I do however see us trading down for more picks. I would prefer a higher pick for better talent but in Loomis I trust.

1. A Harper trade would never work. We would take to big of a cap hit. Also, Harper is a team captain and no matter what half the ppl on this sight think is a very good safety.

2. Joe Morgan is the deep threat WR. No way another WR is taken in the 2nd round. Colston, Morgan, Moore, Toon. Why waste a 2nd rounder for a guy to be 5th on the depth chart.

3. This "rob Ryan likes to take secondary early" is ridiculous. In what world do you think Rob Ryan had any real say on who Jerry Jones drafts? Now he might of had a little more influence in Cleveland, but I doubt enough to dictate 2 years of early round drafting.

4. Colts wasting a 4th rounder on Ivory seems way off. They have 2 solid RBs on roster and too many issues on defense to go that way. More likely a one of these teams. Packers, Lions, Chargers, falcons.

1. A Harper trade would never work. We would take to big of a cap hit. Also, Harper is a team captain and no matter what half the ppl on this sight think is a very good safety.

2. Joe Morgan is the deep threat WR. No way another WR is taken in the 2nd round. Colston, Morgan, Moore, Toon. Why waste a 2nd rounder for a guy to be 5th on the depth chart.

3. This "rob Ryan likes to take secondary early" is ridiculous. In what world do you think Rob Ryan had any real say on who Jerry Jones drafts? Now he might of had a little more influence in Cleveland, but I doubt enough to dictate 2 years of early round drafting.

4. Colts wasting a 4th rounder on Ivory seems way off. They have 2 solid RBs on roster and too many issues on defense to go that way. More likely a one of these teams. Packers, Lions, Chargers, falcons.

This :plus-un2:

I think a lot folks are setting themselves up for disappointment. Payton specifically mentioned Harper as a player whose talent wasn't utilized under Spags. Harper, along with Smith and Vilma, will probably still be on the team opening day after some renegotiating of their contracts.

I have 3 trades taking place in this draft.

Roman Harper to the Titans for a 5th rounder and conditional 4th rounder nxt year.

Chris Ivory gets signed and traded to the Colts for their late 4th rounder

We trade from 15 with the Rams for their 22nd n 47th pick in the draft

I think it's really weird how you guys just kind of exist in this fantasy world where teams do things because it makes sense for the Saints even though they have little to no realistic incentive to doit for themselves, than post it on the forum like we're all supposed to take it seriously. Hey guys, I have a mock draft. Lets take a unicorn in the first round and let Drew Brees just ride it in the field. He can use it to impale John Abraham in the chest and then ride down Mike Smith going out of bounds.

So you plan to put our pass rush in the hands of Galette, Wilson, and a 5th rounder?

There are two CBs in the NFL who don't need a pass rush, and we have neither of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think it's really weird how you guys just kind of exist in this fantasy world where teams do things because it makes sense for the Saints even though they have little to no realistic incentive to doit for themselves, than post it on the forum like we're all supposed to take it seriously. Hey guys, I have a mock draft. Lets take a unicorn in the first round and let Drew Brees just ride it in the field. He can use it to impale John Abraham in the chest and then ride down Mike Smith going out of bounds.

i think its really weird how you think its really weird people aren't allowed to project....

So you plan to put our pass rush in the hands of Galette, Wilson, and a 5th rounder?

There are two CBs in the NFL who don't need a pass rush, and we have neither of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gallete Wilson a 5th rounder and Victor Butler to be exact.

ROFL!! Nice! Post of the day in my book. This one made my laugh od the day. But can that unicorn hit tissue white as well?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom