EJW's Saints Mock Draft /w Trades (1 Viewer)

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ok i couldn't contain it any longer. Im@ work so i have to keep it short but this would be the perfect Draft for us IMHO.

* We squeeze the Jets for their 4th rounder.

* Steelers move up and Select Jarvis Jones and we trade back with the 49ers so they can grab Tavon Austin (AJ Jenkins pick was a disaster) Get their 1,2,3(on trade value chard their 1st and 2nd is more than enough but because we are NFC Rivals the 3rd is the cost of doing business)

1st ( Terron Armstead - OL)
2nd (Jamie Collins - DE/OLB)
3rd ( John Boyett SS/FS)
3rd (Sanders Commings CB)
4th(Zaviar Gooden WILB)
4th(Josh Boyce -WR)
5th(Latavius Murray - RB)
6th(Ryan Griffin -QB)

This is just a quick mock...but its close to my final draft. I'll do one with Analysis later on in the week.

Gooden seems to be the mainstay despite all the changes and updates

Waaay to high from Armstead, I like everything else.

Depends on who you ask

Armstead is the 4th best tackles IMHO but Collins is my main guy. The only reason i don't take Collins 31st is because the Ravens behind us need a Tackle as well. If Armstead falls there i would jump all over it because has that type of potential. IF the Ravens weren't behind us with that need then I'd take Collins 1st (as i feel he is worth) then double back on day 2 and grab Armstead.

Gooden seems to be the mainstay despite all the changes and updates

I just read an article where Gooden spoke about some teams he talked to @ his proday (which we were in attendance) and he mentioned that he could play 4-3 but he feels he could play 3-4 and the Teams that talked to him about a 3-4 mentioned they would like him to play the WILB in the 3-4. Wonder which teams that were that spoke with him?

If Gooden isn't available Id happily take Paul Worrilow in the 6th round.

I'm torn between the 2 as of right now but in this draft i decided to go with Gooden in the 4th.

I'll be honest, I havent done a ton of homework on the OL. But it seems like Armstead came outta no where. He ran a fast 40 and became a house hold name. Is he any good?

I'll be honest, I havent done a ton of homework on the OL. But it seems like Armstead came outta no where. He ran a fast 40 and became a house hold name. Is he any good?

I mean I think hes the 4th best. I suppose he and Manalik Watson would be 4a and 4b with Watson being my 2nd option if Armstead isn't available.

LT/Passrusher/QB are always areas teams are willing to reach for.

The seahawks last year drafted a passrusher super early. Someone will probably take Mike Glennon earlier than expected..and so on.

Armstead would be the guy here....but my two top picks could be swapped in a heartbeat but i just have that fear that the ravens will go after Armstead if hes there. I could take the chance..and go Collins first and then Watson 2nd..but in this scenario my two guys to fix my two weakest areas are Armstead/Collins.

ELLIASJWILLIAMS said:
Ok i couldn't contain it any longer. Im@ work so i have to keep it short but this would be the perfect Draft for us IMHO.

* We squeeze the Jets for their 4th rounder.

* Steelers move up and Select Jarvis Jones and we trade back with the 49ers so they can grab Tavon Austin (AJ Jenkins pick was a disaster) Get their 1,2,3(on trade value chard their 1st and 2nd is more than enough but because we are NFC Rivals the 3rd is the cost of doing business)

1st ( Terron Armstead - OL)
2nd (Jamie Collins - DE/OLB)
3rd ( John Boyett SS/FS)
3rd (Sanders Commings CB)
4th(Zaviar Gooden WILB)
4th(Josh Boyce -WR)
5th(Latavius Murray - RB)
6th(Ryan Griffin -QB)

This is just a quick mock...but its close to my final draft. I'll do one with Analysis later on in the week.

Boyett in the 3rd?? That is a massive reach he is projected as a UDFA and nfldraftscout has him ranked 379th overall

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

If you want to use a 3rd round pick on a safety look at Phillip Thomas he led the nation in interceptions with 12

armstead is not a reac hhe is going to be special my mock goes

jamie collins
terron armstead
brandon williams
shawn williams
chris faulk
terry hawthorne
joe kruger

Boyett in the 3rd?? That is a massive reach he is projected as a UDFA and nfldraftscout has him ranked 379th overall

Yeah im teetering. Boyett b4 he got injured was a 2nd day pick.

He just ran@ his proday and he ran a 4.5..and thats recovering from his injury. I'd prefer to take him in the 4th..but because of the trade i go ahead and pull him a bit earlier.

If we were to stay put then I'd hope he falls to the 4th.

Lets see and this is just my Opinion but lets say we couldn't trade back.

My main priorities would be LT/Passrusher, CB(preferably a big CB), Safety/ILB WR/DL QB and so on.

1st - Jamie Collins (Seahawks did it) So can we
3rd - Jordan Mills
4th - Sanders Commings
4th - John Boyett
5th - Latavius Murray
6th - Paul Worrilow

Since i missed out on a WR id resign Devery because he knows the XYZ position. Id also look for another NT or resign ellis to play NT in the 3-4 under (which hes capable of )DE isn't a big need because Hicks will back up bunk@NT but will play end in Nickel situations. That means Will Smiths role will be reduced this year and his snaps limited. We signed Coleman and we also have Tom Johsnon/Tyrunn Walker with 3tech potential.

Michael Mauti is an option as well if we miss out on Kiko Alonso/Zaviar Gooden.

Either Watson or Armstead is going to be snatched by GB.

I love me some Jamie Collins. I may be one of the few guys here who would like him at 15. But with the other 1st/2nd rounder...I think that you can get better value than Armstead. I could care less how fast a OL runs. On the list of important attributes that one is WAY down the list. And lets be honest with ourselves. Without his combine...the guy is a 3rd rounder at earliest.

I would much rather an impact safety like Elam/Cypien or 3-tech like Short/pick your Williams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom