EJW's (see what i did there?) 2013 Offseaon Projection : Final (1 Viewer)

He will be a UDFA. Unless the Jets trade up to get him in the first round.

You think so??? I can see him getting drafted....too useful. Though i suppose it is possible. You never know. If he performs well@the combine and runs well i think he'll lock up being drafted at least.

You think so??? I can see him getting drafted....too useful. Though i suppose it is possible. You never know. If he performs well@the combine and runs well i think he'll lock up being drafted at least.
He's going to need to light up the combine and/or pro day. His Senior Bowl week was terrible.

I like your analysis but I really don't like your free agent pick-ups and some of the re-negotiating of our own veterans.

I understand your point that there are enough holes to fill, but I also understand the Sean Payton has just signed a 5 year extension.

For that reason, I think this the best moment to start over. I don't see a problem on offense, but I think this year will be used as a base to build a defense for the long term. We have to go young!

I would love the saints to focus only on players 26-27 years old and younger. I think we need a couple of years in which not only we will be rebuilding, but we will be purging our credit card (the salary cap of future years).

The saints are still competitive with the worst defense in years. We can only go up from there, and I think both Sean and Mickey have understand that we need a long term plan, not patching holes the way we did the last couple of years.

If someone is going to be signed, it is for the long term, and players may be cut also, not only for salary reasons, but to allow younger (and cheaper) players to take their place.

Time will tell, we will see what happens from here to August.

I can respect that..but i think its plausible in that we don't have many draft picks and its hard to predict trade backs in the draft. With that being said i think u try to keep as many of your good players as you can while being aware of the salary cap.

The reason i went for the guys i did in FA is that they will be CHEAP. Bryan thomas would be an excellent two down OLB giving way to Devin Taylor in passing situations. He is also 33 yrs old so a 1 year stop gap isn't out of the question. Same thing for Reed. Should be able to be had for a cheap contract 1-2 years max. Having Quddus being a restricted FA next year gives us security@ FS and i also drafted a SS. So we have options in the future. Same thing @ OLB. We have an option after Bryan Thomas and his 1 year deal. Will Smith leaves next year and Hicks is the replacement. I tried to do a good job of filling spots with aging veterans with a solid young player under them. I also tried to add competition in other spots where we have young guys. Then in 2014 we can draft for depth and competition in all of the spots i mentioned without really having to worry about drafting for a new starter.

I think we will have Veterans in key spots we need them and youth in key places as well.

New faces should see the field in a lot of places.

Now the only differnce u may see is if Hawthorne stays (which he probably will) then there won't be a need for Byran Thomas as Martez will probably start on that side.

Id still sign ed reed but if u read my disclaimer i can see that not happening.

in that case id draft Blidi Wreh Williams in the 3rd and Jenkins and Harper return with Quddus being that 3rd guy in sub packages.

I see that as more likely to happen. Being that he is a veteran i don't think he passes thru waivers either..could be wrong.

Either way one thing I've noticed is that we are pretty loyal to our veteran players...even to a fault sometimes. If he isn't restructured he will be cut and signed back to play for one more year. Will Smith is a locker room/leadership guy and i think u have to add a certain value to that.

I think he would go through waivers because no one wants to pay the 10 or 14 million for him this year. Someone might offer him a better deal after though.

I think he would go through waivers because no one wants to pay the 10 or 14 million for him this year. Someone might offer him a better deal after though.
ok, thanks for the clarification.

I'd think hed want to stay unless he feels as though he won't be able to put up any sacks...(like hes been doing that anyway)

Like ive said b4 i think if he were making about 5mil a year and Generating 6 sacks and 54 tackles as a 3-4 DE people wouldn't complain. Its no doubt that he hasn't been a good 4-3 defensive end the last 3 years at least but to automatically assume that means hes washed up is a reach. Just means hes no longer an elite edge defender/passrusher in a 4-3.

Justin Smith was a 4-3 De in cincinatti. I think Will Smiths skillset@ tihs point in his career translate better as a 3-4 DE now. With that thinking id prefer to keep him than cut our losses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom