Elbert Mack (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Kind of shocked we haven't signed this guy yet. His name hasn't been mentioned with any teams interested in signing him or anything. Could he be waiting to see if there is a bigger contract available or do the Saints just not want him back?

He was a playmaker in the few games he took part in. I remember him adjusting well to catch a pick against Oakland as well as the New York game.

Kind of shocked we haven't signed this guy yet. His name hasn't been mentioned with any teams interested in signing him or anything. Could he be waiting to see if there is a bigger contract available or do the Saints just not want him back?

He'll probably be back. I think we're focusing what little money we do have on needs. Mack, although he did play well for us last year, isn't a huge need right now. I guess you could compare it to Roby's situation last year. A player we could have probably done without but we brought back anyway to compete for a spot. He was resigned later in free agency. Of course last year we had more $ to spend. Mack is a guy that can be got for cheap because its unlikely we'll have yo bid for his services, if we do I see us not getting in any type of bidding war for him as he can be replaced.

He'll probably be back. I think we're focusing what little money we do have on needs. Mack, although he did play well for us last year, isn't a huge need right now. I guess you could compare it to Roby's situation last year. A player we could have probably done without but we brought back anyway to compete for a spot. He was resigned later in free agency. Of course last year we had more $ to spend. Mack is a guy that can be got for cheap because its unlikely we'll have yo bid for his services, if we do I see us not getting in any type of bidding war for him as he can be replaced.

If he can be had for cheap why not sign him now? We only really have 4 corners and we will end up with at least 5 and maybe 6.

I thought he was the lone bright spot among our corners last season.

If he can be had for cheap why not sign him now? We only really have 4 corners and we will end up with at least 5 and maybe 6.

I thought he was the lone bright spot among our corners last season.

I'm not disagreeing. Maybe I shouldn'tve said "had for cheap". We've got a few guys on the roster already for cheaper right now in Davis, Steed, and Turner. Plus the UFA's we'll probably bring in that are cheaper. We're penny pinching at the moment. I can't see us going out of our way for a DB that would be 4th or 5th on the depth chart at best when there are cheaper options. But as I said. I agree. He earned a spot on this team last yr. Just not a need. Still gotta take care of other positions.

I remember Johnson being put on IR during the preseason. But then he did an injury settlement to be freed up but i never heard anything else. I thought he looked pretty good last pre-season.

That's how I remember it too. He looked damn good during the preseason.

He did well in a system that we're running in the other direction from. Forget 2012!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom