Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (3 Viewers)

I think I could probably play the first 50 or so hours of this game over and over with different builds and be entertained. It's the latter hours that get tedious.

I think I could probably play the first 50 or so hours of this game over and over with different builds and be entertained. It's the latter hours that get tedious.

Which 50 hours? Or do you just mean the building up stage?

If you mean the building up stage, I tend to agree. The game gets a little tedious after you get powerful and get all the good equipment you need. I spent like 180 hours on this character and probably half way through I was just picking up stuff to sell it for money. I ended up with like 70,000 gold pieces and really nothing to buy with it. So, there wasn't really much point in picking up most of it. I also spent way too much time buy/selling stuff and moving stuff around my house.

That being said, it's still a great game and it's amazing that any game can keep my undivided attention for over 50 hours and keep a good bit of my attention for almost 200 hours.

If you play to max out your characters in most rpgs. The final battle is usualy a joke. See final fantasy 1 through 13plus. But if you play through without the side quests and maxing out the final battles are insanely hard. See above reference.

I play to max my characters.

If you play to max out your characters in most rpgs. The final battle is usualy a joke. See final fantasy 1 through 13plus. But if you play through without the side quests and maxing out the final battles are insanely hard. See above reference.

I play to max my characters.

I'm obviously no RPG vet so I was not aware of that. That being said, it seemed like the final battles in Dragon Age, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect and to a lesser extent Mass Effect 2 were much tougher and I think I had my character fairly highly leveled in Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 2. Although I didn't come close to doing as many side quests in Dragon Age 1 and Mass Effect 1 as I did in Skyrim.

I'm obviously no RPG vet so I was not aware of that. That being said, it seemed like the final battles in Dragon Age, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect and to a lesser extent Mass Effect 2 were much tougher and I think I had my character fairly highly leveled in Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 2. Although I didn't come close to doing as many side quests in Dragon Age 1 and Mass Effect 1 as I did in Skyrim.

the ME2 final battle was so easy for me the 2nd time around. i went with the sniper specialts (forgot what its called) and got the anti material rifle and with my bonus of armor peircing armor and the stealth that improves sniper damage i blasted him with the heavy 1 hit gun and drained him alost dead and 1 sniper shot and he was done. the 1st go around as biotic was much tougher

the ME2 final battle was so easy for me the 2nd time around. i went with the sniper specialts (forgot what its called) and got the anti material rifle and with my bonus of armor peircing armor and the stealth that improves sniper damage i blasted him with the heavy 1 hit gun and drained him alost dead and 1 sniper shot and he was done. the 1st go around as biotic was much tougher

I think I went biotic so maybe that was it. But, it wasn't really tough, but it was a lot tougher than this one was. But, it did at least take me five minutes or so to take out the boss in ME2 and the build up to that point was a fairly tough fight. I basically killed the boss in like 7 hits and took little to no damage in Skyrim and the battle to get to that point wasn't much of a challenge.

I think I went biotic so maybe that was it. But, it wasn't really tough, but it was a lot tougher than this one was. But, it did at least take me five minutes or so to take out the boss in ME2 and the build up to that point was a fairly tough fight. I basically killed the boss in like 7 hits and took little to no damage in Skyrim and the battle to get to that point wasn't much of a challenge.

Since its an RPG alot depends on your level. I killed him in a few hits easily too as a level 41 had i not done so much side work (and level spamming at times yes) and entered as a level 25 it would have been a tough *** battle

Also on a side note i found the best shield in the game. its called spell breaker. Not only does it block attacks it also blocks spells and dragon shouts

I was under the impression that Elder Scrolls games scaled at least to some extent and that the enemies leveled up similar to your character. But, I guess that is not the case with Skyrim at least.

I think I'm close to retiring my character. I've done all the main quest lines except Stormcloaks, bought 3 of the 5 available houses, and learned 18 shouts. All I've really got left are a couple Daedric artifacts to find, learn a couple more shouts, deck out the Dark Brotherhood hideout, and return the thieves' guild to glory.

Once that's done, I'll retire to Solitude, study enchanting and alchemy, and work with the Bards' College.

Until an expansion comes out.

I was under the impression that Elder Scrolls games scaled at least to some extent and that the enemies leveled up similar to your character. But, I guess that is not the case with Skyrim at least.

From one of the Skyrim wikis:

Due to the highly-criticized leveling system of Oblivion, enemy leveling is being handled in Skyrim using a method similar to Fallout 3; some locations are set independently of the player's level and will not be reasonable for the player to attempt to take on at a lower level, whereas other areas will have enemies and loot set according to player level at the time of the player's first entry into the location. In the second case, the enemies will stay at that level determined by the player's first entry, meaning that a player returning to a location visited early in the game will be able to clear the location of foes with greater ease.

From one of the Skyrim wikis:

Interesting. I suppose it makes sense because it is an open world game so it would be too easy to constantly wander into impossible battles if the enemies were all static at their own level and if they all scale then enemies that should be easy at higher levels would be too hard.

before the games scaled up only random encounters and such. now it scales up dungeons and random encounters for the most part (except the higher ground places liek mountains are tough to begin with and not scaled down. but the main quest line is pretty fixed. also you can change the difficulty anytime so if your a high level and want more challange go to a high difficulty.

The damn Elder Scrolls curse strikes again. I'm lvl 34 and a decent way into the main story line, and am going to restart the game later tonight!!

i agree. the main quest lines are excellent. the first couple of dungeon quests are good, then they start to be repetitive.

i agree. the main quest lines are excellent. the first couple of dungeon quests are good, then they start to be repetitive.

i'm kinda ******. got my 1st glitch that broke a quest 82 hours into the game. its the white philal quest. look up briar heart glitch to see what i mean. there supposed to patch it this month though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom