Election Day, November 5 (1 Viewer)

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Watching some returns come in. Democrat, Andy Beshear, is leading Republican, Matt Bevin, by about 30,000 votes with 90% reporting in the Kentucky race for governor. Beshear is a fairly popular AG, but this would be a surprise, I think, if he actually pulls this off. Bevin, at least recently, invoked his support for Trump. Beshear won a county that Trump won by over 60%. Will be interesting to see how this finishes.

OP
DavidM

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't keep up with Ky all that much but wasn't Bevin unpopular?
Controversial, I’ve heard, but I don’t keep up with Kentucky politics, closely, either.

Also reported that Beshear won in a suburban Cincinnati county that Bevin won by nearly 20 points four years ago.

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
Controversial, I’ve heard, but I don’t keep to with Kentucky politics, closely, either.

Also reported that Beshear won in a suburban Cincinnati county that Bevin won by nearly 20 points four years ago.
Yea I guess Controversial would be a better way. We have 3 people at work who live in Ky all R's 1 guy loves Bevin the other 2 think he's a train wreck. I also noticed Beshear is a 2 time Gov which could also help him, I guess.

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
In really shocking news (sarcasm for those unaware) Democrats officially take over Va.

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
So from what I've been reading and hearing about this guy, he's McConnell's protege and basically his heir apparent.
For some reason I feel like I should be scared. Though of the very little I have seen/heard from him he seems OK. But I'll be scared any ways.

mb504

Word.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
From what I've read, Bevin was hugely unpopular and hated by a lot of people in KY so I'm not sure it's much different than David Vitter losing a one off race in LA because he was so uniquely unpopular and terrible. I'd love to think McConnell could possibly lose next year or that he might even loosen his swinging grip from the President's sack but I'll believe that when I see it.

xpuma20x

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
99% in, Beshear leads by 10,000 6000 5000 votes, but only less than 1% total. What are the rules in Kentucky for automatic recounts?

Last edited:

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
99% in, Beshear leads by 10,000 6000 votes, but only less than 1% total. What are the rules in Kentucky for automatic recounts?
There are no automatic recounts. The candidate will have to go to court to ask for one, as just reported on CNN.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
From what I've read, Bevin was hugely unpopular and hated by a lot of people in KY so I'm not sure it's much different than David Vitter losing a one off race in LA because he was so uniquely unpopular and terrible. I'd love to think McConnell could possibly lose next year or that he might even loosen his swinging grip from the President's sack but I'll believe that when I see it.
Couple Kentucky with what happened just next door in VA, and the GOP should be paying attention.

The entire Virginia legislature was up for election... That's nuts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom