Element TV - Amazon Fire edition. Incredible (1 Viewer)

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
My wife's aunt bought one of these on a Black Friday deal. I think Element is a Walmart brand? She paid less than $300 for it.

I went over to her house today to set it up for her and I was expecting to see a cheap piece of work. But I was really, really impressed. This thing is quality. The remote is quick and responsive. It does voice command with a microphone built into the remote. 50 inch, 4K with all the smart functions. Very nice picture. It works pretty much like a giant Fire tablet except it has a TV tuner and HDMI inputs built in.

Can't speak to reliability obviously but for all features + picture quality, it looks like a great buy. This does not look or feel like a cheap TV at all.

Anybody else have one that can speak to long-term reliability? I bought a Philips 55" 4K last year that has been nothing but trouble and has spent more time at the repair shop than it has being watched at home. I'm tempted to ditch it and go buy one of these Element sets.

My wife's aunt bought one of these on a Black Friday deal. I think Element is a Walmart brand? She paid less than $300 for it.

I went over to her house today to set it up for her and I was expecting to see a cheap piece of work. But I was really, really impressed. This thing is quality. The remote is quick and responsive. It does voice command with a microphone built into the remote. 50 inch, 4K with all the smart functions. Very nice picture. It works pretty much like a giant Fire tablet except it has a TV tuner and HDMI inputs built in.

Can't speak to reliability obviously but for all features + picture quality, it looks like a great buy. This does not look or feel like a cheap TV at all.

Anybody else have one that can speak to long-term reliability? I bought a Philips 55" 4K last year that has been nothing but trouble and has spent more time at the repair shop than it has being watched at home. I'm tempted to ditch it and go buy one of these Element sets.

Kind of ironic,, i think the same mfg that is making the one's for the people that bought the use of the phillips name, are the same ones' making that element..

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to hear that. I read somewhere that the screen panels and hardware for almost every TV made now come out of one of 3-4 factories. The only difference is software and the outer shell, and probably peripheral features.

I got my Philips back from the repair shop yesterday and so far so good, so I'll give it another chance. I think they replaced pretty much every part in the stupid thing this time.

Meanwhile the Samsung plasma that I bought in 2006 is still ticking along, never had a single problem a day in its life, and it doubles as an excellent space heater. :D

I have a 32" Element TV I bought for my bedroom in 2012 from Walmart for $99, 720p. that may be normal price today, but then I couldn't pass that deal up. Its only 6 years old, but I can't say anything bad about it.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to hear that. I read somewhere that the screen panels and hardware for almost every TV made now come out of one of 3-4 factories. The only difference is software and the outer shell, and probably peripheral features.

Yep there has been massive consolidation in the TV manufacturing market. Most are just rebadges these days

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom