Elephant in the room (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Congrats to SF - damn good team. At 1st I believed the TV / NFL hype about the fake punt no pass interference. I felt SP was out coached for not knowing the rules. I slept on this and now believe this to be false. Why would the SF player just grab TQS and refuse to let go for basically the whole play? He was instructed to by a coach.
Why would an NFL coach think this is a good decision? Dean Blandino (head of NFL officials) said as much. The 49ers were praised for knowing the rules about pass interference. How could the 49ers be so sure to break the rules with impunity? Holding isn't review-able. They placed the whole gamble on hoping the officials would not call it? Do you want me to believe we can grab and hold in that situation the whole play? That strategy would have been useful to us in the rams NFCCG. I am hanging on by a very thin thread my friends!

Good point about the SF crew knowing the rules. And apparently the officials knew the rules. They also just decided that that wasn't holding in any way, shape or form.

I didn't like the play call, but you can't mug a gunner/receiver all the way down the field.

Congrats to SF - damn good team. At 1st I believed the TV / NFL hype about the fake punt no pass interference. I felt SP was out coached for not knowing the rules. I slept on this and now believe this to be false. Why would the SF player just grab TQS and refuse to let go for basically the whole play? He was instructed to by a coach.
Why would an NFL coach think this is a good decision? Dean Blandino (head of NFL officials) said as much. The 49ers were praised for knowing the rules about pass interference. How could the 49ers be so sure to break the rules with impunity? Holding isn't review-able. They placed the whole gamble on hoping the officials would not call it? Do you want me to believe we can grab and hold in that situation the whole play? That strategy would have been useful to us in the rams NFCCG. I am hanging on by a very thin thread my friends!

49ers has used a loophole in the rules against us before...like holding all of our receivers right before halftime so that we were forced to kick a field goal...

Back shoulder throw is completed there

Good point about the SF crew knowing the rules. And apparently the officials knew the rules. They also just decided that that wasn't holding in any way, shape or form.

I didn't like the play call, but you can't mug a gunner/receiver all the way down the field.

The only problem with that is I you want to talk about the rules it is fine.

The first rule you should talk about is that should be called a hold. That should be called a hold on a punt or a fake.

He held him for thirty [mod edit :nono: profanity is not allowed on the SSF board] yards!

That is not normal gunner coverage. Maybe the 60s but not todays game

Last edited by a moderator:
i say use this play again... put CGM or Cook out there and let them just pick up the guy and throw him into the stands before the ball arrives. No OPI on a punt. It’s not like it was that much of a fake, Taysom was out there as the punter. Morstead is a beast but he doesn’t look like Taysom in a uniform. The 9ers has to of known something was up when they saw only Taysom.

As an aside wish we’d have done this defensively on the fake punt in the NFCCG last season. Lol.

I’ve tried to block that out tho, may have not been to the outside guy against us last season. Think they said only applies to outside gunner.

And I agree it was holding.

Whoa why u talking about Craig like that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom