Eli Apple is starting to play well for us now (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'm happy for him. He was stuck in NY with that dysfunctional Giants franchise. Now hes back to having fun and playing ball again. I knew a change of scenery would help this guy.

I know he was the one in coverage on that John Ross TD, but other than that he looked really good all game. Holding the Bengals starters to 1 TD is not small task. The whole unit looks much better, now that we have a viable #2 CB. Can't wait to see how much better he gets as he gets more comfortable in this defense.

He seems to be getting better with us. Gives us a little needed depth. Glad to have him. I think a CB has the hardest job on a field full of hard jobs. You know you will sometimes fail in spectacular fashion and everyone will be looking straight at you. There will be nowhere to hide.

I think he has been a quiet difference maker as our pass defense has improved since we added him and we really needed it

I know he was the one in coverage on that John Ross TD, but other than that he looked really good all game. Holding the Bengals starters to 1 TD is not small task. The whole unit looks much better, now that we have a viable #2 CB. Can't wait to see how much better he gets as he gets more comfortable in this defense.

Great analysis, comparing our Apple to those oranges yesterday.

He is head and shoulders above Crawley. It's not even close. We rarely get beat deep anymore.

But he has some things he still needs to work on.

On that Ross TD, he never looked back for the ball even though Ross was boxed in by the back of the end zone. He didn't need to track where Ross was anymore, and still never looked back...he just stared at Ross the entire time.

Just fast forward to the 16 second mark on the video below and watch:

Video: https://www.bengals.com/video/john-ross-runs-along-back-of-end-zone-on-td-catch

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom