Eli Apple. Only 16 points a game since we traded for him. WOW (1 Viewer)

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
This is kind of an add on to Saint Kamara's post.

In the eight games since we traded for Apple the saints have given up 129 points for an average of 16 a game. Over the last six it is just over 12 points a game.

I think all of us still agree Lattimore is our best corner but there was a reason that Apple was drafted even higher than ML was. Apple has really come on, and along with PJW making incredible strides this defense is becoming nasty.

I also have to give incredible props to Dennis Allen and the front office. As good as Patrick Peterson is I am not sure this defense would be this good without Apple. Obviously there is something to all the Ohio State love in the secondary. The buckeyes clearly have chemistry.

By comparison Dallas 166 over last 8 games, Bal 176 over last 8, Chicago 130 over last 8. I never thought I would see us be this good on defense again.

The fact that it’s been almost 2 months since we’ve allowed more than 17 points in a game. Might be the best defense we’ve had in the Brees/Payton era

Our defense has consistently gotten better with him back there. We are shutting down teams. It's a long time coming and great to see. Now if we could get a little offense to go with that defense.

the play he made on the pick last night was picture perfect. force the WR to the sideline, get his head around, and box out the WR for the ball. the ball was underthrown, but even on a good throw, there was no way it would have been complete.

Not only did we get him, but we got him with a steal of a deal. I like getting so much quality for a 4th and a 7th.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom