Eli Apple to Vegas (1 Viewer)

Thanks for confirming my memory, I didn’t feel like going search. ?

5th paragraph down...

First, this rule changes does not apply to players on first round rookie contracts that had their fifth year option declined. This is likely because, unlike the problematic team options described above that are singularly negotiated between a player and a team, these fifth year options are mandated leaguewide by Art. 7, §7 of the CBA.

Good for everyone involved. Apple wasn’t the same after the injury against the Bears. Jackrabbit should get restructured now.
Exactly. It's easy to forget the injury that he played through. He was a good pick up for us after Crawley fell off the cliff.

I think Apple gets unfair criticism. Is he the best CB in the league, or even close? No. Here's the thing, besides a handful of truly elite CB types, the rest are Eli Apple, or worse. The drop off from elite, to serviceable is huge. The way the rules are written doesn't help the position either.

Can't have too much depth in the secondary. If Eli Apple was on the field, it was because the next best option shouldn't be. Jenkins was a great move, but we'll still be thin with Apple gone.

Eli Apple played at a high level for a while but was inconsistent. Seemed to never be fully back after that Chicago injury

Whilst I am not against him signing elsewhere the fact he is only 24 years old represents huge upside. Wishing him all the best

That will probably be a fun environment to play in. Wish him well. We don’t value defensive players unless we have drafted a project.

Thanks for confirming my memory, I didn’t feel like going search. ?

5th paragraph down...

Excellent, it should be safe to say we can expect some decent comp picks in the 2021 draft for losing:

- Teddy B: big contract, 3yrs/$63 mln, 3rd round comp
- AJ Klein: 3yrs/$18 mln, likely 6th round comp
- Eli Apple: TBD but Saintwire projects $3.75mln/yr = 7th round comp, seems low-balled to me would've liked us to resign him at that price

Potential losses to FA:

- Andrus Peat: Projected $11mln/yr = 4th round comp; 2 time pro-bowl guard with starting LT potential
- Vonn Bell: Projected $5.1mln/yr = 6th round comp
- P.J Williams: Projected $4mln/yr = 7th round comp

Credit to Saintswire on the projections, they were pretty spot on with AJ Klein & Teddy B, here's the article.
Comp picks are confusing to me but its broken down in an easy ballpark reference from "Over The Cap".

Comp pick estimates:
  • 3rd round: $13 million or higher
  • 4th round: $8.5 million to $13 million
  • 5th round: $6.5 million to $8.5 million
  • 6th round: $4 million to $6.5 million
  • 7th round: $1.5 million to $4 million

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom