Eli Apple to Vegas (1 Viewer)

Excellent, it should be safe to say we can expect some decent comp picks in the 2021 draft for losing:

- Teddy B: big contract, 3yrs/$63 mln, 3rd round comp
- AJ Klein: 3yrs/$18 mln, likely 6th round comp
- Eli Apple: TBD but Saintwire projects $3.75mln/yr = 7th round comp, seems low-balled to me would've liked us to resign him at that price

Potential losses to FA:

- Andrus Peat: Projected $11mln/yr = 4th round comp; 2 time pro-bowl guard with starting LT potential
- Vonn Bell: Projected $5.1mln/yr = 6th round comp
- P.J Williams: Projected $4mln/yr = 7th round comp

Credit to Saintswire on the projections, they were pretty spot on with AJ Klein & Teddy B, here's the article.
Comp picks are confusing to me but its broken down in an easy ballpark reference from "Over The Cap".
One important thing to note is that a team can be awarded no more than four compensatory picks.

Well Janoris Jenkins took that spot. Apple was getting burnt consistently last year. So :byee:

to me, looks like SP and Allen are adding some experienced vets to the defensive backfield, especially adding Jenkins. On paper, it looked like we had a ton of young talent that did not consistently play to potential.

to me, looks like SP and Allen are adding some experienced vets to the defensive backfield, especially adding Jenkins. On paper, it looked like we had a ton of young talent that did not consistently play to potential.

SP found out that we get more comp picks under the new CBA if we have not one but two Octogenarian players in the secondary.
Will help with their leadership as well. Older folks should garner more respect.

And all seriousness good post.

Ok, I got the contract details on Eli Apple. It’s a one year $6M deal. That will give us another comp pick for next year. I believe I will be a 6th rounder but I will confirm that. But Sanders cancels out Klein. But this will give us a second comp pick as we’re set for a 3rd rounder due to Teddy going to Carolina.

Ok, I got the contract details on Eli Apple. It’s a one year $6M deal. That will give us another comp pick for next year. I believe I will be a 6th rounder but I will confirm that. But Sanders cancels out Klein. But this will give us a second comp pick as we’re set for a 3rd rounder due to Teddy going to Carolina.
Yes, this is correct. Anybody from $4 to $6 million in annual value currently falls in the sixth round pick range.

What about Peat?

Well I can still pull for him as that will be my AFC team now. Since I grew up there.
Wonder if the move will be similar to Golden Knights in the NHL. If I remember correctly they went to the SCF first or second year there. I’m sure @SystemShock can tell us.

He was getting lit on fire every game.

The concerning thing is that this has happened every year.
PJ was getting lit up, Crawley comes in and plays well.
Crawley's 2nd year he gets lit up, we then acquire Apple.
Apple plays well, the next year he gets lit up and we acquire Jenkins.
He plays well.....let's hope this year breaks the trend.

We may end up with a 3rd, 4th (or 5th) and 6th pick if Bell gets the money he wants. It would be quite the haul without a real detriment to the team.

Yep.
For me, if Malcolm struggles here after playing at a much higher level in Philly...that will confirm it’s on coaching.

I wouldn't say Jenkins played well yet. Only a handful of games. Let's have Jenkins playing well next year before the imminent Saint's #2 CB fall off. :hihi:

Yep.
For me, if Malcolm struggles here after playing at a much higher level in Philly...that will confirm it’s on coaching.

We've seen a lot of coaching hiccups in the secondary the last few years. They play really well the majority of the game, but can't close them out if it falls on them. Some of this has a lot to do with not generating pressure in key moments.

I'm hoping that having a Vet on the back end will help with communication.

I'm also hoping that moving CJ to SS doesn't have the same results it did when we moved Kenny there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom