Eli Apple (1 Viewer)

I blame coaching. Entire defense was off the first half. If they play that first half even close to how they played in the second then result would have been different today.

I really don't understand the problem with this team not firing on all cylinders from start to finish. If it isn't the offense stalling then it is the defense. Just makes no sense.

I blame coaching. Entire defense was off the first half. If they play that first half even close to how they played in the second then result would have been different today.

I really don't understand the problem with this team not firing on all cylinders from start to finish. If it isn't the offense stalling then it is the defense. Just makes no sense.
No bro Eli Apple and PJ williams are just bad ! If the dline isn’t getting constant pressure they get beat!! Often , don’t let the fact that Eli wasn’t getting targeted as much lately fool you people were worried about a WR I’ve been worried about a CB

He deserve his own thread. While there is plenty of blame to go around he needs to be highlighted. Now we all know that he's the weak link in coverage, we kinda hoped that other teams wouldn't catch on but today he was exploited early and often.

We can't forget the absolutely invisible safeties. Bell made one good play but missed many others. William's was lost. I don't know what they were doing but it wasn't helping Apple.

Off topic but does anyone know what’s up with Saquon Hampton being on the inactive list every week. Is he hurt or just doesn’t know the system. From what I saw posted about him I thought he had a good camp .

Is this the "rotten apple" theory?

Not sure I blame him or anyone else in the secondary. If the D-line could have got more pressure he might have had a better game.

There were a couple of a plays where it seemed like Garrpolo had all day to throw but the pressure was mostly pretty good. Three sacks which should have been four and a few other pressures/hits

The secondary breakdowns were far, far worse.

- Had CGJ not held on the thrid down, thats 7 points the Niners don't get.
- On the same series, If CGJ didn't headshot the 9ers FB, tthats 4 points the Niners don't get.
- Von Bell and Marcus Wiliams keystone cops coverage on that bomb to Sanders
- 4th and 2 big play which sealed the game, CGJ again covering Kittle

There were a couple of a plays where it seemed like Garrpolo had all day to throw but the pressure was mostly pretty good. Three sacks which should have been four and a few other pressures/hits

The secondary breakdowns were far, far worse.

- Had CGJ not held on the thrid down, thats 7 points the Niners don't get.
- On the same series, If CGJ didn't headshot the 9ers FB, tthats 4 points the Niners don't get.
- Von Bell and Marcus Wiliams keystone cops coverage on that bomb to Sanders
- 4th and 2 big play which sealed the game, CGJ again covering Kittle

It really seemed like we had no game plan on defense. no film study. Just totally lost and confused. Did the 9-ers re write their entire offensive playbook this week? We had 10 days to prepare and look this lost.

I can't imagine that losing 2 LB's would cause this much problems with coverage.

The Entire Defensive played bad.. its never a good time for it but, they still have a few games left to get refocused and turn things back around and start back playing well. For as much trash as some people talk about certain players on the team i think people need to realize the saints did have a few players out on defense who either start or rotate. Not world beaters by any stretch but good to decent role players. You never realize what a player does for the team until there go no matter what fan's think.

Simply put, Eli Apple ? is a flipping good #2 CB WHEN the D has a consistent Pass rush folks.

No pass rush = Things start to be dysfunctional on D = All weak links get exposed! Eli-PJ-Marcus Williams tackleing, Craig Robertson being little, DA Vanilla D, etc....

I believe the bulk of this loss can be placed on the shoulders of our coaching staff. DA usually has the ability to have the defense ready, but this week, he got MOSSED! SP's play calling left me scratching my head on numerous occasions.
That said, Eli Apple is not good enough to keep up with most of the really good receivers out there. PJ Williams is not good enough period. CGJ is still a rookie and shows it sometimes, but he tries. Marcus Williams has a few bonehead plays, but overall is solid.
I agree with an above poster, we need a #2 CB to come out of this next draft or via FA.

What we are saying about Apple could be said of every single player trying to defend against CGM, just saying

It really seemed like we had no game plan on defense. no film study. Just totally lost and confused. Did the 9-ers re write their entire offensive playbook this week? We had 10 days to prepare and look this lost.

I can't imagine that losing 2 LB's would cause this much problems with coverage.

they broke their tendencies in a big way.

Threw on 1st down almost 80% of time. Thats a huge flip.

They did a TON of misdirection plays. Lots of crossing routes to move defenders eyes. It had to be a nightmare for the safeties to see so many players cross in front their field of view.

Losing our 2 LB meant we had to play nickel/dime waaaaay more than we wanted. Same reason you had CGJ on Kittle on 4th n 2.

PJ Williams is a lost cause imo. He just cannot seem to adjust to the game in any way. Apple seems to have lost a chunk of confidence and its showing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom