Eli Manning Is The New...

• Brett Favre

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • John Elway

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 55 83.3%

• Total voters
Phil Simms is who I'd pick, too. We watched him play for years while we lived in NJ, and it's a good comparison.

Re: Patriots dynasty...I wouldn't call them a dynasty, but I'd call them a strong contender for "team of the decade", considering we have a few years left. Like them or hate them, you can't discount what they've accomplished the last several years. The last dynasty I can honestly give that label to would be the Steelers of the '70's, IMO.

Now, if a Manning wins MVP of the Super Bowl next year, can we proclaim a Manning dynasty? :hihi:

Archie should get into the HOF for his contribution to the game of football...his genes. :9:

I thought Eli actually reminded me of the footage I saw of Archie.

As for best Dynsaty in the Superbowl era (otherwise you go with the Browns hands down)....

I have to go with the Dolphins. They are the only team to complete the perfect season, but more importantly they are the only team to play in three straight Superbowls winning at least one of the contests.

The Bills played in 4 straight but didnt win any and I think they are deserving of mention, but the Dolphins played in 3 straight and won two of them. That really is pretty phenomenal.

Last edited:
Since we're discussing not only Eli but Archie in this thread, it seemed like a good place to post this cartoon my brother sent to me:

manningbumpersticker.jpg

I doubt it.

Remember the story about the Steelers being on steriods during the 70's?

Remember how the last 49ers team and the back to back superbowl winning Bronoco's teams circumvented the salary cap (by the way a WAY bigger deal than this video tape non-sense)

Do you ever hear them brought up now when talking about those teams? No you don't. 20 Years from now most people won't remember/care about this they will only remember the Patriots winning 3 Superbowls in 4 years.

I know what your saying, but I dont think the spygate scandal is going to go away like those two examples you gave did. Both were brought up after long after they had their rings. The patriots were caught in the middle of what they were doing, and were actually punished for them. They still could be punished further, people arent letting this thing die.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom