Eli Manning Is The New...

• Brett Favre

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • John Elway

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 55 83.3%

• Total voters
Exactly. Had the Pacheats won, it would have been a devastating blow to the NFL. Free agency was designed to prevent dynasties and to give teams from places like Buffalo, New Orleans and Jacksonville the same chance to win it all as teams from New York, Chicago and Boston... To have not only had a "dynasty", but to also have a perfect season would've seriously affected the competitive balance of the league in a negative way.

Oh please, that's ridiculous. You make it sound like the Patriots also cheated in FA. To have won the Super Bowl would NOT have affected the competitive balance in any way. You just seemingly don't like the Patriots and are happy that they lost(opinion, could be wrong). How does losing the Super Bowl not have the same impact on the competitive balance? If they won, people would be saying they probably cheated. Well, why does that change when they lost? Just because they lost, people think they didn't cheat in that game? Is cheating synonymous with winning? I'm confused as to why losing that game doesn't upset the balance, but if they won, holy shnikey, the balance is gone!!!

Not one bit. Dolph Schayes' NBA career didn't get Danny in...

Never heard of them.

All's I'm saying is that sometimes revisionist history helps HOF candidates. Just like John Madden's stellar broadcasting career made him seem like a better head coach in retrospect-- perhaps Archie's status as patriarch of the NFL's dynastic First Family will help the rest of the nation see what we in the N.O. have seen in him all these years...

Never heard of them.

All's I'm saying is that sometimes revisionist history helps HOF candidates. Just like John Madden's stellar broadcasting career made him seem like a better head coach in retrospect-- perhaps Archie's status as patriarch of the NFL's dynastic First Family will help the rest of the nation see what we in the N.O. have seen in him all these years...

I was going to reply to your previous message stating that I don't see why they would enter Archie just because of his sons, but I now see your point. In doing so, I have another question, doesn't Madden have the best winning percentage over any coach to have ever coached in the history of the NFL? If so, isn't that enough?

Oh please, that's ridiculous. You make it sound like the Patriots also cheated in FA. To have won the Super Bowl would NOT have affected the competitive balance in any way. You just seemingly don't like the Patriots and are happy that they lost(opinion, could be wrong). How does losing the Super Bowl not have the same impact on the competitive balance? If they won, people would be saying they probably cheated. Well, why does that change when they lost? Just because they lost, people think they didn't cheat in that game? Is cheating synonymous with winning? I'm confused as to why losing that game doesn't upset the balance, but if they won, holy shnikey, the balance is gone!!!

Sorry that you're confused; I'll type slowly... The fact that the Patsies lost tonight means that no team in the NFL has a dynasty right now-- had they won, an argument could be made that they were a dynasty. Yes, it is a thin line- but a line, nonetheless. So, yes, if you define "competitive balance" (not "parity", which I hate) as most of the teams being relatively evenly-matched and most teams having a legitimate shot at the beginning of each season vs. one team having a dynasty-- then tonight's result made all the difference.

doesn't Madden have the best winning percentage over any coach to have ever coached in the history of the NFL? If so, isn't that enough?

He might-- it's probably a bad comparison, but it's the only one I could think of... I do think post-playing-career events or awareness definitely helps candidates, though, and will hopefully make other people give our boy Archie more serious consideration. :9:

Sorry that you're confused; I'll type slowly... The fact that the Patsies lost tonight means that no team in the NFL has a dynasty right now-- had they won, an argument could be made that they were a dynasty. Yes, it is a thin line- but a line, nonetheless. So, yes, if you define "competitive balance" (not "parity", which I hate) as most of the teams being relatively evenly-matched and most teams having a legitimate shot at the beginning of each season vs. one team having a dynasty-- then tonight's result made all the difference.
The Pats were considered a dynasty before this game ever kicked off. This loss changes nothing other than the fact that they did not win this game. They are still vastly superior to every other franchise out there in practically every facet of being an NFL team.

The Pats were considered a dynasty before this game ever kicked off. This loss changes nothing other than the fact that they did not win this game. They are still vastly superior to every other franchise out there in practically every facet of being an NFL team.

I agree, they 100% qualify as a dynasty. All tonight did was damage (seriously I think) their argument for "best dynasty ever".

I don't know. Only one team has posted a better winning percentage than this year's Pats. It's still pretty impressive even though it does leave a somewhat bitter aftertaste in your mouth. I would have loved to have been able to tell my kids/grandkids that I remembered the Patriots 19-0 season.

All tonight did was damage (seriously I think) their argument for "best dynasty ever".
Best Dynasty ever is the one where Alexis & Krystle have a catfight and wind up in the fountain.

Eli is my hero

he defeated evil.
Eli Manning is the best crime fighter in Gotham City.

The definition of dubious has just been changed, I think...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom