Eli Manning to announce retirement (1 Viewer)

He’ll create an interesting discussion when he comes up for Hall of Fame consideration. Only six playoff berths in sixteen seasons, and a career 117-117 may hold him up, but the Super Bowls and his statistical volume will get him in.

Enjoy retirement, Eli!

IMHO Eli will enjoy retirement with his 3 daughters, 1 son & his wife. Plus, his brother & his family & his mom & dad. Eli will find a way to keep busy & happy.
Unlike Brady, who has been whining for 20 years about, “I don’t have anything else that I want to do, besides play football.” Whaaaa Whaaaa

And he also stayed injury free

Except for when his face was cut & bleeding after he had been hit. After that he had to wear that weird helmet with the extra padding that looked goofy.

For the next twenty years we’re going to get annual Manning bros Super Bowl commercials. I think Eli had a good career all-in-all. Two rings and two SB MVPs is impressive for any player. The Giants being largely mediocre during his time there isn’t really his fault. They always seemed a little unstable. I think he’ll get into the Hall

Come on The Athletic. You could have gone with a more flattering picture for your headline. Eli looks uhhhhh special.

cutcliffe-eli-e1579742710707-1024x683.jpg

All the years he represented Giants, being a class humble man, and fully committed to the team as a backup, he earned everything in his football career.

He not only beat the Patriots twice in the Superbowl, but he did it as a wild card team in 2008 to beat the undefeated Patriots. The first NFC wild card team to win the Superbowl. Just amazing!

I'd put him ahead of Simms
They were comparing him to Simms last night on CBS Sports Radio when I was driving home. I agree that he's ahead of Simms and so did the show's host. Eli is around 10th all time in many NFL records according to the numbers they were using for the comparison. He did throw a hell of a lot of picks too though. He's also around tenth all time in that category. He's got the numbers and rings (along with SB MVPs) to get into the HOF, IMO.

I feel like he should have retired 3 years ago. Also I can't believe he has been to two superbowls, but Drew only one. The giants did have a pretty great defense back then

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom