Eli Manning weighs in on Flacco Comments (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
"That's the good thing about Super Bowls, you want something unique," Manning said. "You want something different and you don't want to have it in the same place every year (or) the same environment every year. Obviously as special as New Orleans is and unique it is, New York has that same, if not a better, atmosphere. A sports town, great restaurants, great entertainment.

Super Bowl 2013 -- Eli Manning says outdoor Super Bowl 'new and good' for NFL - ESPN New York
Tell us how you really feel Eli.

Idiot.

Here's to hoping to a blizzard for the Super Bowl next year. Unless we make it, then I want calm, sunny and 65 degrees.

Get a roof, then let it happen. Although I love seeing me some football in the snow, just think the weather conditions need to be at its best for the BIG game.

Apparently, it wasn't enough for Eli Manning to pile on the "Bounty Gate" garbage and say how much the Saints deserved to be penalized (probably b/c Payton's teams repeatedly kissed his butt). Now, he's got to lobby for more SBs outside of NOLA, the city in which he was raised. I must say, I've really grown to dislike the guy over the years. NYC is a great, great city (my brother lives there now), but it is not a good venue for the SB for many reasons, starting with the weather. Secondly, it will really be played in NJ, not NYC. Talk about an expensive, cold, traffic-gridlocked, spread out place to play a SB.

What the hell is wrong with Eli!???!? Have some respect for the city you were raised in!

I can actually understand him playing up to his own fans but that is an unfortunate way to go about phrasing it. It's not a good idea. It's an idea that has to be sold and that is what he is trying to do.

Apparently, it wasn't enough for Eli Manning to pile on the "Bounty Gate" garbage and say how much the Saints deserved to be penalized (probably b/c Payton's teams repeatedly kissed his butt). Now, he's got to lobby for more SBs outside of NOLA, the city in which he was raised. I must say, I've really grown to dislike the guy over the years. NYC is a great, great city (my brother lives there now), but it is not a good venue for the SB for many reasons, starting with the weather. Secondly, it will really be played in NJ, not NYC. Talk about an expensive, cold, traffic-gridlocked, spread out place to play a SB.

He's a Giant. What do you expect him to say? Of course he's going to lobby for a SB at home. Geez.

He's really grown quite the mouth. I liked him better when he didn't talk and just looked goofy.

He's a Giant. What do you expect him to say? Of course he's going to lobby for a SB at home. Geez.

He can say all the great things he wants. Just don't say it's better than New Orleans. It's disrespectful to your hometown!

Actually Eli scored very high on the short intelligence test draft eligible players take. He phrased his comments poorly though I understand his reasoning and the reason he made the statement.

I don't have an issue with what he said, except the part about NY being a better venue that NO. That's ignorant and disrespectful to his hometown. He can say NY will be a good venue and stop there. Oh yeah, and there's always the small issue that it's really New Jersey that's hosting it. I know they're right next to each other, but there's no such thing as venues being within walking distance of each other like in NO. It's obvious Eli is 1) not very intelligent and 2) he's a shill for the league.

sensitive-man.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom