Eli Mvp (1 Viewer)

well goes to show you how much a qb means, and sacking the qb. rothlesburger, Manning, superbowls and rivers might next year. Glad we have a good qb, without one you can't win, this might bring a few qbs higher in the draft. that and the pass rushers

I'm just going to have to go ahead and homer out seeing 3 Louisiana Winning Super Bowl Quarterbacks up on the stage tonight. Louisiana Quarterbacks now have a record of 7-3 in Super Bowls and represent 12% of all 84 Super Bowl starts despite only being 1.4% of America's population.

I really hate the Giants and their fans, but at least Coach Coughlin and his team have class. The Patriots tucked their tails and left the field like the dirty pack of dogs they are. :17:

Oh yeah, Louisiana > your state. :17:

TPS

d, Eli aint Drew Brees, if you think otherwise I suggest you take a good long look at the Saints games this past year, Brees IMHO is the best QB pound for pound in the NFC, he just does not have the best pound for pound defense to help him out in close games.

If you put Drew up agaisnt this Patriots team, he would do worlds better then Eli did.

Eli won because of his defense, not because of him

....did you even read my post? i said eli deserved mvp....

d, Eli aint Drew Brees, if you think otherwise I suggest you take a good long look at the Saints games this past year, Brees IMHO is the best QB pound for pound in the NFC, he just does not have the best pound for pound defense to help him out in close games.

If you put Drew up agaisnt this Patriots team, he would do worlds better then Eli did.

Eli won because of his defense, not because of him

I
our cheerleaders are pound for pound the best :dunno: do they weigh them are something after a superbowl?:ezbill:

No because their team doesnt have a defense. the Giants do. therefore who do you think will win the game.

I am sorry Brees just is much better then Eli is, debate it , call me ridiculous, but it shames me to think that a good solid QB like Brees cant go further because of a porous D.

That boys and girls is why we need one and we had better get it unless you want more 9-7 records to show for high powered offense crappy defense

Who else is comparing Eli to Brees? this is about superbowl MVP. Eli deserves the MVP more than any other SINGLE player on the Giants. Sure his stats weren't stellar, but they don't show you the INT that was counted against him and some of the drops too. To lead a team to victory in the final minutes alone probably should have been enough.

Saint, the Giants Defense is the reason why they won that game. I mean its obvious. The whole unit was the reason why the Pats could not score points, run up the score or make it a blowout. sure Eli did some good things but as a QB did he really set the world on fire other then that last drive?

ask yourself that question, sure he had a few good drives, but I dare anybody to tell me that he won that game by himself or that deserving of a MVP award. People are giving him way too many props for that. He played good, but in terms of me mentioning Brees, he is no that category yet. thats why I mentioned Brees to Eli, simply because I think if the roles were reversed, the former kicks ***.

except the former QB DOES NOT HAVE A DEFENSE AT ALL.

The Defense played great but Eli deserved it. Even though his stats were mediocre, he made some great plays in the end to get his team in position to win the game!

Defense deserved an MVP as a unit, that's for sure...but they still had to count on their offense to put their own points on the board. Eli's drive for that final TD was classic. He kept the Giants in the game, maybe not by stats and a lot of points, but by providing time-consuming drives that kept his defense rested and therefore capable of their stellar play. That, IMO, was equally important to the game winning drive. There were several drives led by Eli that didn't result in points, but they did keep Brady and co. off of the field, and that is just as good as scoring points in a game like this.

I know this is not the popular thing to say right now and I was pulling for him because he's a Louisiana boy but I don't think Manning should've gotten the MVP, Personally I felt it should go to Tuck(6 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 1 forced fumble, numerous hurries and in the backfield all night), dude was a MONSTER tonight, Manning dId a great job avoiding that sack in the final drive and managing the game overall but some of those passes he just seemed to be winging them up. I mean look at that last big catch that WR made a hell of a catch jumping up and catching it on his helmet and holding on to it. Hell that WR should get the MVP for making that catch. I'm not saying he didn't deserve it but that I think Tuck deserved it more and a part of the defense that handled their business all night and kept the team in the game. The offense was given drive after drive by the defense to make something happen and stay in the game but they couldn't quite get the points on the board(they moved the ball and took time off the clock but that's the least they could do with a D that was playing as good as they were playing), fortunately for them they got it together in the 4th and answered the Pats on that last drive.

On another note, that was one of the most intense and exciting Super Bowls I've seen in a long time and it didn't have to be this 60 point scoring fest, this was a case of a game were defenses and defensive players are as fun to watch as anything...

If you could give the MVP to the entire defense, you would, but you can't. The MVP is in the right hands. And BTW mediocre in the superbowl is pretty damn good.

All due respect to Eli, but it was the Giants entire D that should get the MVP award.

I agree the Giants D played tremendous. The game could not have been won without them. But what individual on the D would you give it to?

On the other hand, the game would have not been won had Eli not put on that spectacular drive at the end. He would not give up, and was really clutch to produce the game-winning TD.

Pity they don't give MVP to best offensive and MVP to best defensive player, too. Strahan could have got one.

No because their team doesnt have a defense. the Giants do. therefore who do you think will win the game.

I am sorry Brees just is much better then Eli is, debate it , call me ridiculous, but it shames me to think that a good solid QB like Brees cant go further because of a porous D.

That boys and girls is why we need one and we had better get it unless you want more 9-7 records to show for high powered offense crappy defense

Archie suffered the same fate as Brees is suffering now. He never even got in a playoff game. We can be happy for Archie now, because he is living it through his boys.

I do not agree with some of the posters that Eli did not deserve the MVP. He produced the game winning TD. Other wise, MVP would have been a moot point and gone to some Patriot. And we would have to listen for the next forty years about "the greatest team of all time, 19 and 0." I am very happy it is 18 - 1, and their season is in the hopper.

That Giants D everyone is saying should have got the MVP got the ball shoved down their throat on the Pat's 4th Quarter Game Winning TD Drive.

Eli trumped that with a Two Minute Drill Game Winning TD Drive. Threw the ball perfect all game long. Please.

Last edited:
superbowl winning touchdowns:

eli manning 1
giants defense 0

yeah the defense was great, but eli won the game for them in the end

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom