Eli Mvp (1 Viewer)

As much as I proven wrong tonight, Eli isn't this game's MVP. Sure he threw the winning TD, but his stats, lets face it were mediocre at best. That trophy should go to O-line, they protected him all night long and the Defense is really the catalyst for them winning. All Eli did was be in the right place at the right time.

But hey he won this game and I was wrong about the Giants. They proved me wrong but It had less to do with Eli then having a great all around defense and a good O-line to make you look better then maybe you are. Eli is not the reason why they won this game, the only reason I may say so

Qball exactly, if Eli does not have that good defense of his, the Pats have a 4th ring right now and the game isn't even close. Eli Is improved but lets face it he isn't Drew Brees right now.

If Drew Brees was in that offense of the Giants, the scoring would have been off the wall

Agreed!!!!

All due respect to Eli, but it was the Giants entire D that should get the MVP award...............Much love to Eli,but the DEFENSE rocked.DEFENSE wins championships.:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

At the beginning of the season who would've believed this post title - Eli Manning Superbowl MVP?

TIKI has got to be Licking his chops right about now.. probably will quit his job or avoid any questions to do with Giants for an entire year of at least wait for the Superbowl Slump to start up to rag on his former team again.

As much as I proven wrong tonight, Eli isn't this game's MVP. Sure he threw the winning TD, but his stats, lets face it were mediocre at best. That trophy should go to O-line, they protected him all night long and the Defense is really the catalyst for them winning. All Eli did was be in the right place at the right time.

But hey he won this game and I was wrong about the Giants. They proved me wrong but It had less to do with Eli then having a great all around defense and a good O-line to make you look better then maybe you are. Eli is not the reason why they won this game, the only reason I may say so

i guess you forgot about the play where he broke out of a sure sack with rodney harrison and adalius thomas wrapping him up and launched it down to the 26 yard line to set them up for the game winning touchdown.
yea, eli deserves nothing. he didnt save the game for them or anything

but their defense was amazing

turley which is why good QB like Drew Brees always finishs in 2nd place and are seen as second tier, if Brees had had half, just half of what we saw tonight, he would be in the playoffs, maybe even the SUper Bowl. Just give him a semblance of a DEfense and we will win games Saints fans. My God Brees threw for almost 30 TDs with a 7-9 team, a freakin 7- team, thats in itself is uncalled for and almost a waste of his abiltiies

Eli deserved it, maybe the defence deserved it mor but there is no denying that Eli was a worthy winner. He managed the game for the whole time. His only mistake was Smith's fault. He made an amzing play breaking off of 2 men and throwing a 30+ yard pass. The defence and Eli BOTH deserve it.

i guess you forgot about the play where he broke out of a sure sack with rodney harrison and adalius thomas wrapping him up and launched it down to the 26 yard line to set them up for the game winning touchdown.
yea, eli deserves nothing. he didnt save the game for them or anything

but their defense was amazing

:plus-un2: That play by itself was the MVP moment and the play of the game. Before that happened, I would've given MVP to one of the GiAnts' defensive linemen, but Eli took it on that drive and that play in particular.

Rock and roll, Mannings! 2 Super Bowl MVPs back to back. Archie and Olivia deserve to bask in the glory!

d, Eli aint Drew Brees, if you think otherwise I suggest you take a good long look at the Saints games this past year, Brees IMHO is the best QB pound for pound in the NFC, he just does not have the best pound for pound defense to help him out in close games.

If you put Drew up agaisnt this Patriots team, he would do worlds better then Eli did.

Eli won because of his defense, not because of him

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom