Eli out with a "heel injury" (1 Viewer)

Puntz

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
wonder how long that will last...

Not long I think. It was a noncontact injury, and he's got 2 weeks to prepare for us, so I think he'll be ready.

They have a game next week, although they play Oakland, so it's almost like a bye week.

Shannon Sharpe said he hurt his foot by kicking the Cheifs in the butt all day. That was freakin hillarious.

The official description of the injury is a bruised heel. At least that is what the announcers were saying. There was absolutely no one anywhere close to him when it happened. It was a very odd looking way to get injured.

Remember Dan Marino rupturing his Achilles? IIRC he took the snap, dropped back to pass, and fell in a heap, with nobody near him. I saw a rugby player go down in very similar fashion recently - same injury. I haven't seen Eli's incident, but just because it looks innocuous, it doesn't necessarily mean it is innocuous.

Same thing happened to Billy Joe Hobert in a game against the Rams, season opener I believe. Just dropped back to pass and went down without being touch, ruptured achilles.

happened to vinny testeverde for the jets at the beginning of the 1999 season in teh 1st game, dropped back and went down untouched. was out for the year.

Eli's didn't look that serious, but its something to monitor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom