Eli's escape and the Tyree catch was the play of the season (1 Viewer)

Willkro that's what I told my girlfriend. Granted I've only seen video of Archie but that's pretty much what I've been told his career was like. Was an amazing throw and catch and I agree it will be replayed a thousand times.

I can't help but admire the Giants O-line for holding their blocks and keeping the play alive. An average O-line would have given up in 3 seconds or so, and Eli would probably have been sacked.

I guess you could call that play the resurrection and ascension. :D

That O-line was all heart that game. I also remember seeing a Ahmad Bradshaw run where the O-lineman was 10 yards downfield pushing a defender that had made contact with Ahmad to help him gain those extra yards.

Season? We're going to see that every year for the next 20 years come February.

Yup. After it happened, I said "If they win this game, that will be the Play of History.

>>>I don't mean to sound like a homer, but that looked very Roethlisberger-esque (Eli's escape, that is).>>

Are you kidding? That was a page out of his Daddy's playbook. I thought I was looking at Archie.
So did I! It looked like Archie was scrambling back in his younger days

in gameday chat all everybody was saying was 'OMG..OMG..'
that wasnt play of the season, that was play of the century, if not the best play in history..

I don't remember any Eli Manning-esque play by Roethlisberger in their Super Bowl.

Actually, his play was pretty Eli Manning-esqe in that Super Bowl, with 2 int's....

I think anything Eli does needs to be compared with what Ben has already accomplished, not the other way around.

What I'm referring to, however, was Roethlisberger's scrambling out of a pass rush completing a 37-yard pass to Ward on the 2...looked similar to the Tyree catch minus the ball rolling around on his helmet. I'd post a video if all the NFL videos haven't been crapping out all day.

Right before the drive started I said he would become a legend if he drove down the field for a TD.
83 or so yards for history.

He actually found a way to make it even more exciting.

Actually, his play was pretty Eli Manning-esqe in that Super Bowl, with 2 int's....

I think anything Eli does needs to be compared with what Ben has already accomplished, not the other way around.

What I'm referring to, however, was Roethlisberger's scrambling out of a pass rush completing a 37-yard pass to Ward on the 2...looked similar to the Tyree catch minus the ball rolling around on his helmet. I'd post a video if all the NFL videos haven't been crapping out all day.

It was just the 1 int, and that wasn't his fault. They should have a seperate statistic for ints that aren't the qb's fault.

I didn't see who it was exactly, but he had a short receiver that was somewhat open too. I mean, just the fact that he escaped that and was able to get a throw off was amazing, but he was lucky on that one. What was the first down yardage anyway?

That was an very exciting play. I didn't think it was a completed pass because it looked like the tip of the ball hit the ground the same time Tyree got control of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom