Eli's escape and the Tyree catch was the play of the season (1 Viewer)

You must certainly be on drugs. Not even in the same zip code buddy. Seriously.

Eli had a string of 5-6 very good games put together. And a Super Bowl title of which he is very deserving.

Ben's been nothing but a winner ever since he took the field. He's always put up very good numbers, with the exception of last year's injury ridden campaign.

Eli's got a career rating of 73.4. Ben's is 92.5.
Eli's career TD-INT: 77 / 64
Ben's career TD-INT: 84 / 54

I realized Eli is the local boy and Archie the hero. But to say Eli is better than Roethlisberger is way homeristic, or just plain uninformed.

Eli threw one interception in the ENTIRE post-season. And that one was popped up by his receiver. He led his team on the longest (10 minutes) drive in Superbowl history. And made a play that may well be the best in Superbowl history. Only thing comparable might be Montana against the Bengals in final seconds.

Sorry, man but Ben is good. But Eli is better.

This argument will be academic after next year as Eli continues to show what he can do.

I love how Buck ruined the moment with a stilted, emotionless play-call. Way to suck at play-by-play Buck.

I loved how the announcers continued to praise Brady for being so cool in the pocket and accurate after he overthrew receivers in the endzone on two consecutive plays.

They just weren't ready to praise anyone but the Patriots and didn't know what to do when things turned out differently.

Kind of like the ESPN confusion when Dallas went out first game for the sixth time in a row.

I really enjoyed that game.

Looked alot like Archie!

I'm a big Eli and Archie fan, but I fail to see any resemblance. Archie was a serious athlete with big strong legs and a cannon arm. Physically, Eli takes after his mother, but I think he inherited some of Archie's mental toughness.

Eli threw one interception in the ENTIRE post-season. And that one was popped up by his receiver. He led his team on the longest (10 minutes) drive in Superbowl history. And made a play that may well be the best in Superbowl history. Only thing comparable might be Montana against the Bengals in final seconds.

Sorry, man but Ben is good. But Eli is better.

This argument will be academic after next year as Eli continues to show what he can do.

Eli had an excellent post-season, and a very good Superbowl, and deserves a lot of credit for it.

However, he's a far cry away from the 3-4 year history that Roethlisberger has. Again, I know he's the local boy and all, but let's not call the guy Montana based on 3-4 games. Show me 3-4 years and we can put him in the same sentence as Ben, or Peyton, or anybody else who's been doing longer than a month and a half....

i wonder how good he would have done if the giants were getting blown out or didnt have that defense of theirs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom