Ellerbe out Sunday (1 Viewer)

Oh well...I felt all preseason that we absolutely had to figure out how to get Robertson on the field; this forces our hand. I have a feeling this guy has star potential. We got a steal; Cleveland is so clueless.

It would be nice to have them both, but I am glad we now get to see a lot of Robertson this weekend. He is a defensive back in a linebackers body when it comes to pass coverage and a playmaker. I fully expect him to make a couple of impact plays Sunday. Book it.

images

:jpshakehead:

Literally healthy all preseason and gets hurt just in time for the season opener. Give me a break.

He is a defensive back in a linebackers body when it comes to pass coverage.

That's part of the reason why it's an easy decision to start Ellerbe over him. His frame is much smaller than what we'd obviously prefer at the position on all 3 downs.

It's also part of the reason we didn't build our D exactly like the rams with a small SAM LB instead moving Anthony there. Right now Carolina is top of the line and they are a POWER run team. We can't afford to really be undersized unless is negated by quickness/speed. He's good in coverage but he was also a 4.7 guy coming out. If he was a 4.4 guy like say Ryan Shazier......he'd be starting no matter the size.

We'll see about him being a star and if he has other intangibles that negate him being undersized.

Hasn't played or been available for a full 16 game season in his entire NFL career. His durability isn't going to ever get better and it won't be the last game he misses this season either... Almost 100% sure this is his last season in the Black & Gold.

so questionable is the new probable lol....... ellebre is out, the sky is blue....

The best ability is availability. My guess is if he doesn't play 75% of the season he is a gone pecan.

We would have traded up for Jack if it was possible in the 2nd round according to some sources. This isn't catching the team off guard. That's why we signed a ton of LBs and asked him to take a Paycut. It hurts but there are contingency plans in place

I'm excited to see both Thomas and Bell in action, and don't begrudge the team their "vision". But man I wanted Jack so badly. He may not last more than five seasons, but oh what a five seasons he's going to give Jacksonville.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom