Ellerbe..... (1 Viewer)

More props to LRB! This is why you don't cut a good player because of nagging injuries.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I had seats near side line for colts game last year. Ellerbe made a tackle right in front of us and it was one of the most violent impacts I've seen, heard and felt. He definitely is a top talent when healthy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

His sack of Newton was the fastest edge rush I have seen from a Saints player since the days of Pat Swilling and Ricky Jackson.

Ellerbe is a difference maker on defense, no doubt.

Also, Craig Robertson was an amazing find. That dude plays like a LB too.

If he wasn't awesome, no one would care that he was injured most of the season. People were angry/annoyed by his absence because they know how much of a difference he can make on the field. It also didn't help that the Saints did nothing but flame the fires of frustration by not giving us any status updates on his condition.

Ellerbe have shown us what a difference a speedy linebacker with instincts can make on this defense.

The problem is, we can't trust him in the long term.

I am all for keeping him, but also to recruit a similar player in the draft with our first or second rounder.

He is a difference maker if only he can stay healthy. I wondered why Sean Payton kept him around for a long time but I see now that the coaches must have seen the potential and they decided to keep a roster spot for him. This defense, with him on the field and Robertson playing very solid football, is not far from being special and lets hope we can pick up a solid FA and couple of draft choices who can be as productive as Bell, Rankins and the FA rookie DB's who are showing maturity every week.

He's a difference maker for the few games that he plays per season. On that Newton sack he looked looked like a legit OLB the way he dipped and leaned as he cut around the corner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom