Ellerbee's contract voids next year only if he plays 80% of 2016 snaps (2 Viewers)

BlackNGoldblood

Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
@NickUnderhill: Ellerbe’s deal voids if he plays more than 80% of the snaps this year. If he doesn’t get back soon, will likely stay under contract for 17.

So he does have an incentive to get on the field.

Missed 4 games out of 16...

25% of the season.

This is a no brainer.

@NickUnderhill: Ellerbe’s deal voids if he plays more than 80% of the snaps this year. If he doesn’t get back soon, will likely stay under contract for 17.

So he does have an incentive to get on the field.
..in the preseason.

Maybe he misinterpreted the contract and thought it was for the preseason cause he OWNED that.

He'd literally have to play nearly 100% of the defensive snaps from here on out to reach that benchmark. No way is that possible.

He's pretty much officially under contract for next year at this point if that tweet is correct.

From whodatdish

Perhaps the most interesting clause exists for Dannell Ellerbe, who will be compensated based on playing time for 2016 and 2017. As Underhill noted, here’s the breakdown:
•50 percent of snaps = $100,000
•60 percent of snaps = $200,000
•70 percent of snaps = $200,000
•75 percent of snaps = $300,000
•80 percent of snaps = $350,000
•85 percent of snaps = $650,000
•90 percent of snaps = $700,000

why would that be an incentive for him to play? wouldn't you not want to have your contract voided? He gets paid.

why would that be an incentive for him to play? wouldn't you not want to have your contract voided? He gets paid.

@NickUnderhill: makes total sense. Incentive for him to play, reach FA, make more money

The current rules and overall state of the league has made it a me-first culture anyway, but what team in their right mind would want this perpetual short-timer on their payroll anyway? I'm about done expecting him to play regularly.

I truly wish he could stay on the field as he is our best LB and if we could consistently pair him with Robertson and Anthony/Mauti or ? we are a better defense. The problem is I have absolutely ZERO confidence that he will be able to stay on the field as he is as brittle as anything and/or has the worst luck in the NFL for persistent injuries. Hope I am wrong however!

Can't wait to see Ellerbe and Robinson on the field at the same time.

Ellerbe's quad injury may be a blessing in disguise. While resting his quad, he is also resting his real injury, the knee.

I hope he is counting calories and getting lots of exercise, because he has been looking a little chubby out there. Still quick and fast, but 10-15 pounds lighter would make him quicker and take pressure off the knee.

Because he can be cut for only 700k.

So we hold all the cards either way. Had he played all year, he'd of been a FA and gotten paid. But that's not gonna happen now. We can hang onto him into the summer and cut him at our leisure if we want to.

Missed 4 games out of 16...

25% of the season.

This is a no brainer.

If the defense is on the field more in the 2nd half of the year, the % of snaps he plays will be greater. Now he's already probably missed more than enough to not get the 80%, but I'm talking in terms of his tier salary, 50% snaps, 60% snaps, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom