Ellerbie (1 Viewer)

A talent that good deserves patience. Look at Davis with Carolina or even gronk with the patriots. They all had injuries that lingered

2014 he was injured almost the entire season. played 1 game
2015 injured, missed half of the season, played in 6 games
2016 injured and ... ?

his best year was in 2013 when he managed to play in 15 games.
I think I remember reading the saints reworked his contract due to all these injury concerns, so he is probably on the team fairly cheap

i'm at a loss as to why he was playing useless exhibition games when deemed as healthy as he's been offseason, only to aggravate his condition. Brees played 8 plays and was spared, which was appropriate, but Ellerbe should have been given the same protection considering his value

As long as he doesn't keep us from drafting young talented lbers next year. That is what gets me, is saving the roster spot each year hoping the annually injured players. JL may not be flashy, but at least we can count on him week in week out.

I know there's a lot of frustration surround Ellerbe and this team in general, right now. That said, we seem to be in a good situation with our LB'ers this season. We can afford to let him heal up. Hopefully when he comes back, he's 100% and can stay healthy for the remainder of the season.

Agreed!!

Every second he's been able to be on the field, our defense has looked a lot better. I'm willing to wait, but at the same time, we shouldn't wait forever.

Do you Ellerbe haters think he doesn't want to play? Quad injuries as an NFL player sucks and take forever to heal.

I understand if we cry and complain about a player that truly sucks and is playing but the dude is injured.... Injury prone... Whatever... I am sure he hates it as much as you do.. Geez.

I live in Dallas and I don't hear this much complaining about Sean Lee... They know he is a talented LB that helps thier team when he can play.

Some of you act like we have a premier defense and we can afford to cut talented players just because they are injured!

Rant Over.... Maybe!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

A quad is not 1 of "those" injuries.

Ellerbe was still healing up from his real injury, so he should come back healthier and stronger than ever when the quad heals. Imagine Anthony, Robertson, and Ellerbe on the field. They have the talent to change the short passing game. We MUST get Ellerbe on the field, or find someone else with his skill set.

I think this is the future, with a WILL to be drafted and be prepared for when time comes. Positions yet to be determined.

His contract voids if he doesn't play 80% of the snaps this year.

So it's basically already voided.

Not an Ellerbe hater, but it is what it is. The guy is a talent for sure, but the best ability is availability. He's never available. Wish him the best with his new team next season

I live in Dallas and I don't hear this much complaining about Sean Lee... They know he is a talented LB that helps thier team when he can play.

I'd argue the difference here is that, before injuries set in, Lee proved his abilities IN A COWBOYS UNIFORM before going down. Ellerbe has been a bandaid ever since coming here, he's never had a good run in black & gold the way Lee did in silver & blue before injuries set in, and thus has never "proved it" to Saints fans.

Plus, Lee was drafted by the Cowboys. Whereas with Ellerbe, we gave up a dynamic young WR in Stills to add solid defensive help...which still to date hasn't appeared. I get the frustration. Ellerbe has never been more than a frustrating enigma to us, whereas Lee had already proven his worth and ability to Cowboys fans. Different situation than Lee.

Obviously the guy wants to be on the field and healthy (you'd hope anyway), hopefully it can happen soon. If it's like this most of the season it'll be his last here I'm sure.

I just keep waiting for this guy to produce and all i ever see is him on the bench hurt yet again.

I keep waiting for salient, balanced opinions and timely Saints news on this forum, and all I ever see are rant posts like this one.

Plus, Lee was drafted by the Cowboys. Whereas with Ellerbe, we gave up a dynamic young WR in Stills to add solid defensive help...which still to date hasn't appeared.

Just to clarify:
We traded Stills for a 2015 third round pick and Ellerbe, who was the make weight part of the deal. And the third round selection became PJ Williams, who until last week's injury was indeed adding solid defensive help and will do again as a starting corner in the future.

Just to clarify:
We traded Stills for a 2015 third round pick and Ellerbe, who was the make weight part of the deal. And the third round selection became PJ Williams, who until last week's injury was indeed adding solid defensive help and will do again as a starting corner in the future.

Hopefully you're right. Between him and Swann, it's getting a little demoralizing seeing these young corners full of promise suffering brutal, lingering injuries. Really hoping next year he can get back to the promise he showed that made Payton/Loomis comfortable dropping West Bank

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom