Ellerbie (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
This guy has all the talent in the world yet he is never on the field. Craig Robertson has earned the starting job and if i were coach he would keep it. Ellerbie is an injury waiting to happen. Talent gets you nothing if you never play. What a waste. He could be a probowl player if he weren't so brittle. But he wont play through pain.

He's a hell of a talent, but if we gave Keenan the boot because he can't stay on the field, how does Ellerbie still have a job?

For starters, it's Ellerbe. And he is still on the roster because he will be able to play this season, unlike Lewis.

Also, we don't know if it's a pain thing or a range of motion thing keeping him off the field right now.

No doubt Robetrson has earned playing time. But this is not a problem, this is an opportunity.

When sub-packages, Robertson and Ellerbe are perfect keeping stance, covering, playing spy or going on a blitz.

Also Robertson, Anthony and (not as effective) Ellerbe can all play MIKE, and all 3 play more then one position.

We are building for the future, and we are learning to get the best of the scheme or the players.

Frankly David. I don't understand your rant. I see this as an opportunity, even if Ellerbe doesn't pan out for us.

Last edited:
A talent that good deserves patience. Look at Davis with Carolina or even gronk with the patriots. They all had injuries that lingered

If you're going to talk trash about him, at least spell his name right.

No doubt Robetrson has earned playing time. But this is not a problem, this is an opportunity.

When sub-packages, Robertson and Ellerbe are perfect keeping stance, covering, playing spy or going on a blitz.

Also Robertson, Anthony and (not as effective) Ellerbe can all play MIKE, and all 3 play more then one position.

We are building for the future, and we are learning to get the best of the scheme or the players.

Frankly David. I don't understand your rant. I see this as an opportunity, even if Ellerbe doesn't pan out for us.

I just keep waiting for this guy to produce and all i ever see is him on the bench hurt yet again.

He's a hell of a talent, but if we gave Keenan the boot because he can't stay on the field, how does Ellerbie still have a job?

Maybe bc Keenan cried about "job security and loyalty", got paid, then became useless (health wise). Ellerbre has done what the organization needed, contract wise, without complaining, and has always been an injury concern.

I know there's a lot of frustration surround Ellerbe and this team in general, right now. That said, we seem to be in a good situation with our LB'ers this season. We can afford to let him heal up. Hopefully when he comes back, he's 100% and can stay healthy for the remainder of the season.

A quad is not 1 of "those" injuries.

Ellerbe was still healing up from his real injury, so he should come back healthier and stronger than ever when the quad heals. Imagine Anthony, Robertson, and Ellerbe on the field. They have the talent to change the short passing game. We MUST get Ellerbe on the field, or find someone else with his skill set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom