Elliot (formerly Ellen) Page is a man, baby (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turn that thought around- in a world of 7billion people- knowing that adaptation, toggling back and forth from diversification to specialization, - that the entirety of the species would fit neatly into 2 broad categories?

It doesn't, i think that was precisely my point.

We know that teeny tiny photons act as both a particle and a wave, but we get to some mushy like gender and scoff at the idea of (n)either/or, both

I mean, it's not like the reason for the particle and wave thing is mushy. We know why it happens, it happens because light affects the photons making them act like a wave. I mean, it's the basic principle of Quantum Mechanics, observation changes what is observed. So, I don't think that's really applicable to the question of gender because it's not really squishy.

So, I'm confused. If he is trans then he is a he. But the above implies that he does not think he is a man or a woman, so how can he be trans or a he if non-binary means not male or female? Wouldn't that just make Page non-binary, not trans?

Artificial Intelligence is getting too smart so we had to figure out a way to throw it off the scent.

From the article: " Page uses both he/him and they/them pronouns, and describes himself as transgender and non-binary, meaning that his gender identity is neither man nor woman."

So, I'm confused. If he is trans then he is a he. But the above implies that he does not think he is a man or a woman, so how can he be trans or a he if non-binary means not male or female? Wouldn't that just make Page non-binary, not trans?

Maybe I just don't understand the terms, but they don't make sense to me. And, to be clear, I don't care at all if someone wants to be trans, gay, non-binary, queer, etc. and think those who do deserve all the same rights that everyone else has. But, I don't understand how you can be trans and non-binary. One seems to exclude the other.

I am thankful to not have to deal with someone with the mental disability of not knowing what gender they want to be that day.

i watched tallulah on netflix. the credits have been changed to elliot.

finally. progress.

you go elliot! this is fantastic. i'm proud of netflix taking quick action in correcting what is right.

i love(d, depending on how you see it) h(e/i)(r/m) in everything i've watched. elliot page is an awesome person.

i love him. there is no reason not to.

You know that Eminem song that goes “I am whatever you say I am”? For a while I remembered it as “I am whatever I say I am” and that’s how I think about gender these days.

But I don’t get saying you’re a woman when you have a penis or saying you’re a man when you have a vagina, because if it’s not penises and vaginas that make males and females, then your preconceived notions about what a male or female should be are just based on something else that, instead, is non-anatomical, but certainly no less shallow.

If someone with a penis says she’s a woman, what is it that makes her (previously him) feel like a woman? Does she like guys sexually? Does she like what is traditionally women’s clothing? Does she feel ‘feminine’? Why cant one be a man, yet feel these exact same things? Aren’t sexual identity stereotypes being perpetuated by changing ones own gender identity to fit these preconceived ideas of what’s a man and what’s a woman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom